The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How do trading guilds work and bidding and stuff?

bruceleroy98
bruceleroy98
✭✭
My guild is close to 50 members. I haven't the furthest clue on how to make a guild store or a trading guild work lucratively? Any accurate tips and pointers offered?

Bruceleroy98
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guild generates money from taxes on items sold.

You can bid on 1 trader a week and the highest bid wins

I would make sure to have spies in your competitors guilds to see how much they bid, then you can bid higher
  • bruceleroy98
    bruceleroy98
    ✭✭
    Word? ^^^ I love it. When you say 1 trader a week, do you mean on trader location per week? I'm new so please explain.
  • bruceleroy98
    bruceleroy98
    ✭✭
    And what items gain the most profit and most often?
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you do, do not even try to land a kiosk in cities like Rawl'kha and Mournhold. Bids are so high in those places that newer guilds essentially don't have a chance, but that's to be expected for prime locations.

For a new guild, try the occasional non-city kiosk on a side road or maybe one of the mildly active trader's refuge. Most of those have low bids and despite the lower traffic, any kiosk is usually better than no kiosk (provided, of course, that you make your bidding money back from store profits).
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    [...]I would make sure to have spies in your competitors guilds to see how much they bid, then you can bid higher
    and please don't use that tactic. Not only is it unethical (which may or may not concern you) but you open yourself up to loads upon loads of stress if you pursue it. If any player who does not condone spying (who may be in your own guild or a competitors) is aware that you use that shady practice, you may well find yourself getting called out if not downright harassed. In certain cases, GMs will get called in if the case is deemed too severe.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Motifs
    • Crafting Mats
    • Armor Set Pieces
    • High Level Glyphs

However, the market seems to fluctuate weekly depending on the FOTM.
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Motifs
    • Crafting Mats
    • Armor Set Pieces
    • High Level Glyphs

However, the market seems to fluctuate weekly depending on the FOTM.

Don't' forget tri-pots, invisibility potions and detection potions. And maybe perfect roe given the recent XP-potion additions (psijic ambrosia, was it?). A few research items may also gain a bit of gold too.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    Whatever you do, do not even try to land a kiosk in cities like Rawl'kha and Mournhold. Bids are so high in those places that newer guilds essentially don't have a chance, but that's to be expected for prime locations.

For a new guild, try the occasional non-city kiosk on a side road or maybe one of the mildly active trader's refuge. Most of those have low bids and despite the lower traffic, any kiosk is usually better than no kiosk (provided, of course, that you make your bidding money back from store profits).
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    [...]I would make sure to have spies in your competitors guilds to see how much they bid, then you can bid higher
    and please don't use that tactic. Not only is it unethical (which may or may not concern you) but you open yourself up to loads upon loads of stress if you pursue it. If any player who does not condone spying (who may be in your own guild or a competitors) is aware that you use that shady practice, you may well find yourself getting called out if not downright harassed. In certain cases, GMs will get called in if the case is deemed too severe.

Survival of the fittest

• gwillard_ESO
    gwillard_ESO
    ✭✭
    Selling Raw mats is lucrative.