The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Bring back account transfers please!

KingShocker
KingShocker
✭✭✭
So to start I'm a huge fan of this game and probably hundreds of hours of game play and multiple veteran rank characters. But sadly in an unfortunate turn of events my PC bit the dust and allot of my friends were getting ps4's so I picked one up remembering that I got an account transfer in my email. However it seemed like the deal for the console copy of the game for $20 which only lasted for a month I didn't realize it would also apply to the character transfer as well. This is terrible for me because all my well invested characters (with time and money) are stuck in PC land because there's nothing customer service can do to help me

Now I understand only offering the service for free for a short time but why cancel it entirely. I will pay to have my characters transferred , I don't care. But the time and work I invested in them I'm never gonna get back and I'm not gonna do it again. Some of them had emp titles and high alliance war ranking.

Please bring back the character transfer, even if we have to pay for it.

Thanks for your time
  • palehorn74
    palehorn74
    Soul Shriven
    same issue and i bought the transfer in the 1 month window and i still havent got my transfer so dont feel too bad im just waiting but if they dont transfer i want my 21.74 back
  • roses1241
    roses1241
    I am in the same boat. I had missed the window because of similar things as well. And now I don't even want to get the console version of I can't transfer my characters over.. So much time invested already.
  • Gixx
    Gixx
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah sucks... so much wasted time, achievements and titles..... they say they can't do anything about it. Just bring it back and charge us 20 bucks just for the transfer. I don't care if I have to pay for the game again just give us our time we put in, don't let it all.go to waste.
  • ckbraswellb14_ESO
    ckbraswellb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same Boat.. Been playing PC waiting for PS4 and because of a busy work schedule I missed the transfer. Bought the PS4 game just to find out I cant Transfer.

If you want more money mefrom please let me get my PC toons on my PS4. I will pay for transfers,re sub and probably still spend money in your store. At this point I don't play ESO at all.

I am willing to pay for each toon transfer as well..

V4 Dragonknight
    LvL 40 Nightblade
    Lvl 20 Temp
    Lvl 7 Dragonblade
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    Ill pay any amount they want to get my PC toon on xbox, give me my ***!
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who benefited from my PC -> PS4 transfer I support any move to introduce another opportunity for transfer.

However I also understand the technology of the process will be totally different from the original transfer process occurring before any activity on the server (ie. before "release") and a transfer occurring now with the servers already heavily populated.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    As someone who benefited from my PC -> PS4 transfer I support any move to introduce another opportunity for transfer.

However I also understand the technology of the process will be totally different from the original transfer process occurring before any activity on the server (ie. before "release") and a transfer occurring now with the servers already heavily populated.

Honestly, guys..I am one of the people that did copy my account. The only thing that's remotely interesting about playing on console is just seeing the community develop. But in general, the PC game is way better in pretty much every single way.

Everything that i thought consoles would "fix" is basically just as bad/worse on console.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it a real transfer. The selected char and everything in his inventory goes.
    No cheesy "copy" - if he transfers he's out for good.
    Everything in his bank stays behind.

You could still bring your gold and selection of most important gear/mats with you.
    If you want/need to transfer more items - fine, make a new dummy char and pay again to transfer him and his inventory out, too.
    Just make sure it stays one-way PC->console. No need to introduce a system for cross-server/system trade hopping.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jando .. would have to agree that the PC -> PS4 experience is different and the power of the PC UI has been lost. STill as a casual player I am not too bothered by relearning how to play ESO.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    @Jando .. would have to agree that the PC -> PS4 experience is different and the power of the PC UI has been lost. STill as a casual player I am not too bothered by relearning how to play ESO.

I didnt means to say that it's bad on consoles...It's not. But if you're going to pick the "definitive" edition...It's PC.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • JimEra
    JimEra
    yes
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also would love to see a character transfer possibility from and to PC/PS4.

After I bought the regular transfer for 15€, I now have 3 old chars from PC and new 1 char on PS4, and I play on both platforms. After a while, it becomes very irritating to handle the differences.

It would be great if there would be a transfer utitily to synchronize the chars from and to PS4 after each session. THIS would be a feature I would be willing to buy crowns for. Currently, there is nothing else in the crown store for me.
    Edited by BalticBlues on June 17, 2015 2:06PM
  • Dwyvyrn
    Dwyvyrn
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed, just saying sorry we "can't" after its been done is a poor explanation. Been touting about the character transfer to Console probably just to get folks to buy the game early on PC and then when it comes to release on Console its not implemented by the same written promise from last year.

Just very poor execution, lots of unsatisfied customers and now former customers. Hopefully its enough but something tells me unless those folks who don't get transfers stop paying/playing the game there isn't a reason for it to be important to them.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The "can't" probably relates to the implemented technology for the pre-live copy process.

To arrange transfers (rather than copies) and to make it happen while a server is already populated (as opposed to before the server went live) will be totally different and require different processes and programming.

Still, if the demand and willingness to pay is there it is something Zenimax should consider.

• Marco0798
    Marco0798
    Don't let them bring mats or gear and sure.
  • piratej62
    piratej62
    Hey I agree with what you guys are saying. I bought my game before last june (because it wasn't coming out on console anytime soon) and didn't even see an email saying i could transfer even though that is the reason I bought it in the first place. So I have a Vet character with sub wasting away on my PC. I wouldn't even mind if they were like "hey pay $20 and we will transfer you character over for you." I fell like that would be a fair deal. Especially since, most of you i'm sure, bought the game twice instead of upgrading. I don't even have to have all the mats and stuff just give me my character and sub. I would pay for that. I bet people would if it was available to them.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marco0798 wrote: »
    Don't let them bring mats or gear and sure.

There certainly some powerleveling opportunities created by transfer of characters already developed on PC version, but the only real disadvantage to fresh start console players will be in world PvP against V14, min-maxed geared up players.

To not be able to bring mats and gear is only a small hindrance because crafting skills will be transferred over and it wont take much to get the necessaries to gear up quickly.