Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get a good dagger as a new player

jsortino
jsortino
Soul Shriven
I have recently started playing and in past games used daggers. I am just wondering what is the best and quickest way to get some good daggers to use? What quest should I do?
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make them.

Plus, it's a good way to start working on your Blacksmithing Skill.

Every player comes equipped with a pickaxe and an axe for chopping wood. As you run around, you'll see logs you can chop here and there, and iron ore nodes (near rocky formations) that you can mine Iron Ore from.

In Bleakrock Isle (or Davon's Watch) if you're in the Ebonheart Pact, there will be a Blacksmithing station near the other craft merchants. There is also a very good Blacksmithing tutorial in Davon's Watch from a person in the Fighter's Guild location there.

Then you just take some ore to the station and make yourself a couple of Daggers. Also, unlike in Skyrim, you can still block while dual-wielding! :D

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that making them is the best, but at very low level you might consider buying a dagger from the merchant in the starter town. They can be bought green and you can buy the upgrade glyphs from the enchanter.

I do suggest to start with crafting early on and do the writs daily. Also deconstructing drops helps a lot to get your materials go up. For example, from deconstructing a greatsword, you get mats you can use to make a dagger.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell raw materials and get some gold. Then have a blacksmith make you some daggers in one of the special crafted sets out there. You can make armor and weapons for even levels only though.
    NA Server - Kildair