✭✭
    True.
    Edited by Mastodonials on June 16, 2015 11:37AM
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another point, people should realize, you don't have to kill them, let them hit you a few times contract virus and then deagro, saving them for all to be infected by

Most of the time you don't even have to hit them at all, you just have to go up to them. Just stand there and let them hit you until you die is the easiest way to get the disease, though you don't have to die. You can check your character screen in between a few hits and once it appears you can allow the next person to have a go.

Problem is, there are other players who will kill them. But you won't change that.

Also, any one who pays REAL MONEY to another gamer is just asking to be scammed, unless they know the person in real life. It is also against the Terms of Service for both buyers and sellers.

But the fact that the consoles have so many players over there requiring PSN money or Paypal transactions is worrying.

Apparently the Gold Sellers have gone from trying to sell matts for gold to then get real money, to actually selling fake bites. LOL.

ZOS definitely has to figure out a way to counter these guys. It's too bad there is no name indicator on the voice chat to indicate player tag of the person who is talking to you. At least if they had that, they could then go in and stealth listen to determine if the player is in fact doing what is reported and when caught by a GM can then be banned.

Far too many characters to list any more.
    Options
  • DoubleShot27
    isnt also a bannable offense to offer real world money for game items bits etc.
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You people clamoring to pay for bites are doing it to yourselves. It creates a market for scammers to exploit. Instead of waiting to be bitten by a wild spawn, or asking a friend/guildie for a free one, you're all throwing money (real or game) at the screen for it. There is even a large thread right here on the forums with people - myself included - offering free bites. I've never paid or charged for a bite.

The more people continue throwing money out for a simple game mechanic, the more you risk being scammed. The human race is chock-full of greedy people who will take advantage. Don't be mugs.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • DoubleShot27
    it was like this when i played on pc i dont think it will change i like it being rare tho
    Options
  • Germal
    Germal
    ✭✭✭
    it was like this when i played on pc i dont think it will change i like it being rare tho

:D you dont need it to play the game, or to compete against others, it adds only some other ways to play, so who cares about the rarity ? People who never played a MMORPG besides this and want access to all :p
    Options
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good god Zenimax needs to fix this NOW.

Drop everything and make it where anyone who wants to do something in the mmo that launched a week ago is easy and immediately available to everyone.

Game breaking.
    Options
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on what I'm seeing, whoever's trying to con you is probably asking for paypal just so they can have you at an increased risk of identity theft.

Don't fall for it.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
    Options
  • ZylnorWrath_ESO
    i just dont get what is so hard with waiting till night and getting a bite! dont get me wrong it tedious and annoying, but you dont "need" it. you can play the game fine without it, and if you really want it just go out and find it, or go talk to people who will bite for free. Why anyone would pay money for it (In-game, or real currency) is just idiotic, and is just screaming to be scammed!
    PSN: iTofuMan

Mains:
    Imperial DragonKnight
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    requin02 wrote: »
    Scamming people for in game gold should be considered role play in a game where you can already steal and plunder. I will demonstrate my vampires abilities before biting you for 20k.

Very good pricing my guild charges 3x that amount also the scamming goes both ways we have lost one bite this week because we trusted them.
    Options
  • Germal
    Germal
    ✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    requin02 wrote: »
    Scamming people for in game gold should be considered role play in a game where you can already steal and plunder. I will demonstrate my vampires abilities before biting you for 20k.

Very good pricing my guild charges 3x that amount also the scamming goes both ways we have lost one bite this week because we trusted them.

only 3 times ? People want it, so give it to the people for 5 times, its so important in this game to be a vampire :p
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    Another point, people should realize, you don't have to kill them, let them hit you a few times contract virus and then deagro, saving them for all to be infected by

wasnt it that you have to be killed by the infected Mobs?

No you just need to be hit and there is a certain percent of a chance of contracting it every time your struck by the mob, you don't have to die or kill the mobs, just find a nice healer to keep you going till you gain the illness and complete the rest of the steps to become a natural born werewolf, its quite simple if you can avoid the kill groups

But the mobs are pretty tough so methold not for low levels to get infected by
    Edited by RedTalon on June 16, 2015 2:38PM
    Options
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    This does not need ZOS's full attention. In fact, it doesn't even make it on the radar.

People sending real money over PayPal to other players, then being scammed out of it, doesn't make it on the radar? That deserves no attention? Kidding? Why is it that the third comment has to be the guy who lives and breathes to disagree with every post, no matter how foolish the disagreement?

If someone's dumb enough to do that then they deserve whatever they get imo. Not worth Zen's time even thinking about this trite issue. You can't stop people from bad decisions and its not the responsibility of the company to attempt to do so.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar happened after the PC launch. It dies down and all is ok without Zos stepping in.

Best way to get a bite is a free one from a guildie. Out of 6 bites only one was from a player and it was a guild mate.
    Options
  • PsylverRaven
    PsylverRaven
    ✭✭✭
    Suggestion -

There are a handful of us who would like to experience the in game contraction. For me, it feels like a cop out to go to another player because I failed to hit the right time or other players kill them before I can be infected. Perhaps ZOS could implement a "Witching Hour" where they couldn't be killed by other players sort of like how the guards can't be killed. Other players could kill them before or after the witching hour, and it would allow them to be alive long enough for the ones who want to experience the fight and get the real bite.
    Cold Thunder

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    - Albert Einstein
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar happened after the PC launch. It dies down and all is ok without Zos stepping in.

Best way to get a bite is a free one from a guildie. Out of 6 bites only one was from a player and it was a guild mate.

Granted we also had organized guilds and groups who made sure people where getting infected, had spotters for spawns of the mobs and people standing by telling others how to do it without dying or killing the mob, what is happening here seems to be they don't have a counter force to counter those who are cornering the market Trust me people banding together along with the reports help reduced that fast I didn't have to join a guild to become a werewolf just help out and pitch in like everyone else to stop the scammers and fraud folk

Hopefully there are people like that on console
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »

Granted we also had organized guilds and groups who made sure people where getting infected, had spotters for spawns of the mobs and people standing by telling others how to do it without dying or killing the mob, what is happening here seems to be they don't have a counter force to counter those who are cornering the market Trust me people banding together along with the reports help reduced that fast I didn't have to join a guild to become a werewolf just help out and pitch in like everyone else to stop the scammers and fraud folk

They don't need a counter force. It was not needed on PC. It dies down, players get bored and start playing the game. It's what happened on the PC server and all was fine.

It will be ok on consoles also, without needing big brother to save you.
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »

They don't need a counter force. It was not needed on PC. It dies down, players get bored and start playing the game. It's what happened on the PC server and all was fine.

It will be ok on consoles also, without needing big brother to save you.

Really need both and for this some of the scammers on consoles are people who transfered over so really have done a lot of the game, more hope new content comes out to interest people away from a profitable scam. Though more hope ZOS gets the ban hammer out.
    Options
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a month everyone and their mother will have both WW and Vamp bites and it won't be a big deal. It's all supply and demand. Prices will be high for a while. If you need vamp or ww to progress your character then you're doing it wrong.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each week the number of players who have a bite will potentially double, so the problem will sort itself out soon.

Also, what's wrong with a bit of patience? When I decided I wanted one of my toons to be a WW, I just went to The Rift and Bangkorai (my silver zone) every time I was in game and it was night. Ran into a bunch of bloodfiends, got infected with vampirism twice, and after three weeks of looking every other day or so got a WW spawn.

Yes, it took some work, but it was more fun that way.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • modmikki
    modmikki
    Soul Shriven
    I just hate how ridiculous the situation is on consoles. There are more people standing about in Reaper's March than I've ever seen in the whole of Eldenroot. I've seen the spawns 3 times now, and was quite excited-- but they were nuked down by the heaps of players standing around. What is the point of this? The communication on consoles is terrible due to the voice chat feature, and so it's limiting players access to the content! I don't mind camping for a rare spawn, but I do mind the spawn being so limited that there's essentially no other way to truly contract the disease from a spawn unless you're one seriously lucky son of a b***h.

I understand that in a month or so the inflation and demand for this will decrease, but why should I be shut out of content for so long because of greedy, griefing, players or those who don't know any better?

I'd rather they make some long quest chain you have to follow and best to contract-- if it's difficult, that's fine, great actually! I like to work for my rewards, but the way they've handled it so far makes my odds of contracting nigh impossible. There's nothing fun about that.

Just my two cents.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing needs to be changed. This issue will remedy itself in a few weeks as more and more players become wws/vamps and can offer bites. It was no different on pc at launch. Sooner than you think we'll have free bites available for the masses.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • WarlordWoody22
    I just did it in about ten minutes, funny part was a whole mess of ppl complaining about it and ten feet away was a pack, I agrod got bit, ran away and went back to group, kept trying to tell them to shut up and walk east, but everyone to absorbed in complaining. Go figure. About to do my quest now. Point is, just look they're everywhere but only seem to be nowhere
    Options