The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

increase penalty for killing npcs

Crowcifix
Crowcifix
✭✭
OK, i don't want to be misunderstood here but am i the only on to dislike enter in a city and see dead bodies everywhere? i don't care the thieving but murdering npc is too easy and common, and not at all "realistic"... killing innocents should have a bigger penalty or a bad buff for bigger time or something that prevented ppl of indiscriminately kill npcs constantly
Edited by Crowcifix on June 17, 2015 12:15PM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it was disturbing for my daughter to see fights and dead bodies everywhere in cities when she played the game yesterday. It became even more disturbing when she was peacefully talking to an NPC merchant, and while being in the trade screen, somebody attacked (her or more likely the merchant), and suddenly she was labeled as "fugitive" and killed by the attacker as well, as described here. In this poor state, the crime system is more of a crime spreader, not a crime preventer. There are tons of people running around playing TESO like a Zombie game, killing just about everybody, it is horrible.
    Edited by BalticBlues on June 17, 2015 1:42PM
  • Swannkyy
    Swannkyy
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it was disturbing for my daughter to see fights and dead bodies everywhere in cities when she played the game yesterday. It became even more disturbing when she was peacefully talking to an NPC merchant, and while being in the trade screen, somebody attacked (her or more likely the merchant), and suddenly she was labeled as "fugitive" and killed by the attacker as well, as described here. In this poor state, the crime system is more of a crime spreader, not a crime preventer. There are tons of people running around playing TESO like a Zombie game, killing just about everybody, it is horrible.

Merchants can't be attacked, nor can players in the same faction attack eachother!
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Swannkyy wrote: »
    Merchants can't be attacked, nor can players in the same faction attack eachother!
    I wish this would be the case. I never saw such things on PC where I am playing. But on PS4, the game often looks like a blood bath in cities, it is horrible. That even peaceful players can be affected just by talking with a merchant was enough of an experience for my daughter to quit playing. I saw it myself, she did not steal or anything criminal, just by trading she suddenly became a "fugitive" when somebody attacked. AFAIK you only can become a fugitive by killing people. So show me how you can kill somebody in the trading screen... There must be a bug on PS4 where people can spread their criminal state by attacking others. I reported this with a ticket, but so far there has been no response.
  • xeneblaze
    xeneblaze
    ✭✭✭
    Swannkyy wrote: »
    I wish this would be the case. I never saw such things on PC where I am playing. But on PS4, the game often looks like a blood bath in cities, it is horrible. That even peaceful players can be affected just by talking with a merchant was enough of an experience for my daughter to quit playing. I saw it myself, she did not steal or anything criminal, just by trading she suddenly became a "fugitive" when somebody attacked. AFAIK you only can become a fugitive by killing people. So show me how you can kill somebody in the trading screen... There must be a bug on PS4 where people can spread their criminal state by attacking others. I reported this with a ticket, but so far there has been no response.

My goodness! The cities are hardly a "blood bath"! I have never seen any blood. You are vastly exaggerating. There is no way for a player to be attacked by another player in PvE, only in the PvP areas. My guess is that your daughter has the "Prevent Attacking Innocents" disabled (as it is by default) and had accidentally drawn her weapon or used an ability and hit an npc just prior to entering the trade screen.

And by the way - players have no protection from the environment just because they are in a trade screen, or their inventory screen or whatever. mmos cannot not be paused.
    Edited by xeneblaze on June 17, 2015 2:35PM
    GuildMaster of Wolves of Destiny
    A fun, social, safe-gaming guild - add Xene68 on PSN with a short message if you would like to join!
  • Zahne
    Zahne
    ✭✭✭
    Its rated PEGI 18
    My Stream
    Or watch on Honour TV
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xeneblaze wrote: »
    My guess is that your daughter has the "Prevent Attacking Innocents" disabled (as it is by default) and had accidentally drawn her weapon or used an ability and hit an npc just prior to entering the trade screen
    I personally set the option "Prevent Attacking Innocents" right from the start in prision in her game. This way, it should be impossible to kill NPCs, right?

The only thing she had active when entering the trade screen was her little Daedra pet. And she already were in the trade screen for quite a while, as I was explaining it to her, all was fine. Then, on the border of the trade screen, I suddenly saw a Khajiit player in cheap clothes, attacking (her or the merchant). Then she was declared a fugitive, then she was killed.

My best guess is that the Khajiit player attacked an NPC, and perhaps the little Daedra pet of my daughter was close enough to be regarded as an attacker as well? In cities, there are currently dead bodies everywhere and players have fun running around like madmen in a killing spree...
    Edited by BalticBlues on June 17, 2015 3:09PM
  • smokes
    smokes
    ✭✭✭
    you can turn off the option to attack friendly characters

i would suggest looking into it.
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be socially acceptable or cool to kill innocent people just because it's a game. I am quite deeply disturbed by the general attitude to this.

I have to wonder what's going on with people that they want to log into GTA or this and just murder people and then have their character live with themselves and be all happy and normal.
    Edited by rb2001 on June 17, 2015 3:20PM
  • Crowcifix
    Crowcifix
    ✭✭
    what i mean is... if you kill npc on a quest or an enemy npc etc, its ok, but to go kill npcs on city just for fun or to ruin other players game its not fun, and the penalty should be more than just bounty, it should be something like, kill an npc and be seen doing it, get a curse of 50% weakness to damage or something like being unable to interact with other npc's for 7 hours lol something that make players think twice before killing an npc
  • Crowcifix
    Crowcifix
    ✭✭
    that would make the act of kill npcs without reason less frequent,
    with that said... when is dark brotherhood released? =D
    you need to kill a innocent to get invitation ...
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zahne wrote: »
    Its rated PEGI 18

^ This. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the game has "violent" content, especially when it's a MMO, where you are not in control of what other people do. If others want to play "violently", so be it.

However, I will agree that the justice system needs work.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Crowcifix
    Crowcifix
    ✭✭
    well... i don't care the rating and the violence...
    its a game and everyone that buys a game needs to know what is buying before buying it,
    i'm saying that there is no real reason to kill innocent npcs...
    if they want to kill them then implement a real penalty for it.. a bounty on their head that same faction players can get if they kill you in the next 5 hours (game time not real time) this way it would be fun cause if you kill a npc you need to run not only from guards but other players too... something like that ...
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sorcerer pets have been reported by some to be a problem in cities ... unsummon whilst in cities until Zen can fix this stupidity, especially when it can be exploited by griefers
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend