The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Player hit boxes and Invisible Enemies

mistermutiny89
mistermutiny89
✭✭✭✭✭
Although I'm thoroughly enjoying my first week playing ESO on the Xbox One there are a couple of extremely aggravating glitches I'm encountering during PVE gameplay.

One being player versus enemy hit boxes.. You can be standing right on top of the enemy and miss your attack whilst the enemy can be near five meters away from you and get a melee hit on you.. I'm not sure if this is a glitch but if it's deliberate it needs a change.. Infact I recall seeing a game review stating that this occurred during PC release.. It's beyond atrocious and really needs attention. Try looking at games like the witcher 3 where your distance from enemies in combat strategy is more precise. It feels like I have to be 10 meters away from an enemy to not get melee'd in which case the enemy heals and runs away.

On the topic of enemies running off and healing that needs to be adjusted too. If an enemy knows it's going to lose perhaps 20m from its spawn it will run away. If an enemy knows it will win the fight it'll run you down for 40m. Not very fair.

Invisible enemies and NPCs are also an annoyance. As for NPC's not appearing the select tab to speak to them is there but they aren't visible and are completely uninteractive. The invisible enemies are the real bane though, you can not attack them or see them yet they can attack you. Yet another unfavorable glitch.

I really hope to see a reply on this matter (hopefully not a stock standard reply either). Perhaps if there are any glitches in future we can have some that actually favour the player. We can keep dreaming I guess.
Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
XB1 EU
EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • FlapjacksNsyrup
    I haven't noticed the hit box thingy.

As for the enemy running away, it depends on the enemy and the area. Every enemy has a zone and if they get too far away from their zone, the game tells them to turn back. I assume this is so you can't bring enemies into cities and to Wayshrines where players are often AFK.

Invisible NPCs and Enemies DEFINITELY needs fixing! I try to put up with it when I can, i.e. having a friend or other players in the area who can see the enemy kill them for me. NPCs tho, usually it's someone you need to talk to for a quest in which case the only option there is to log out and restart your game. Kind of annoying but hasn't been as frustrating the past day or two since I don't seem to be placed into queues anymore and get in right away.
  • RAM2191
    RAM2191
    ✭✭
    Wrecking blow hits all and I;m happy about it! aha
    Ram V6 Imperial Templar (AD)
    I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things who cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth... ally to good, nightmare to you.
  • wearingcashew71
    wearingcashew71
    Soul Shriven
    Invisible NPC's and invisible enemies hard to play like this especially since it seems like it is always the banker and my inventory is full yeah I can sell some of these items but let's face it you don't get cash real cash for anything except weapons and armour when u are starting out if you wanna save other stuff like ore and provisions then I need to store it and the banker not being there kinda screws me Pleas fix
  • Germal
    Germal
    ✭✭✭
    sometimes for the invisible NPC it helps to log out, close client and log back in, or restart the console, maybe will help someone who has still this issue. It will be adressed in one of the next patches, so give that semi work around a try :D
  • xxtestamentxx
    xxtestamentxx
    Soul Shriven
    I thought it was just me with the hit box. I am a tank, and right in front of the mob and because my cross hairs are just a bit off I am getting nothing but air. It is also equally annoying with the invisible NPC and Mobs the only way I have found to fix the issue is wipe the xbox cache and log back in. Then I get stuck in the queue to log back in...
    Xbox1 NA
    GT: xTestamenTx
    Main: Dark Elf Templar DPS
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm a nightblade and use my bow for more than three enemies but dual wield with high dps for 3 or less and no survivability so I need to kill one enemy as quickly as possible before taking on the next one... The terrible hit box means that if I miss one hit im a dead man.

Thanks for the tip with invisible enemies. I have been restarting the game every time I notice it. Just thought I'd post it so its on the forum as I'd rather not have to restart the game five times a day haha.
    Edited by mistermutiny89 on June 17, 2015 12:55PM
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • GODMODE
    GODMODE
    I was able to fix the invisibility issue with advice from a few people here. Turn off your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds and then unplug the power supply for 10-15 minutes. After you do that, plug it back in and check to see if people are still invisibile that were before. I was able to get past a ton of quests last night that I've been waiting on by doing this.