Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mage Guild Part 5 : Chateau of the Ravenous Rodent **HELP**

PartTimePinsent
I just have one quick question that I hope someone can help me with! I'm level 33 which is the requirement to start the quest but I just need to know which Mage Guild you have to go to, to start the quest. Like what town? Thats all, thanks!! :)
NFLD -
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion: Baandari Trading Post (Malabal Tor)
    Daggerfall Covenant: Sentinel (Alik'r Desert)
    Ebonheart Pact: Windhelm (Eastmarch)

You should have a questmarker there though and allready have the quest. The requirement is not level 33. That is just a recommended level (although the quest does scale for you if you are below). The only requirement is to be rank 4 in the mages guild (done by reading lorebooks). As soon as you reach rank 4 and visit a major town (often in front of the local mages guild), the quest will be given and you are told to visit there.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • PartTimePinsent
    Thanks man! Great help:)
    NFLD -
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding on to Ranique's answer, the quest will scale down to you if you are below 33, but the enemies won't. So if you are attempting that quest below Level 33, note that you will not get an appropriate reward for your effort against higher level enemies, you will instead get a reward that's scaled down to your level.
    (I have a thread about this at Solo Scaling - Instances do not scale down, but quests do)
    Edited by Enodoc on June 16, 2015 1:19PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • PartTimePinsent
    One last question if any of you guys are able to help me out! Where is the starting location for the last part of the Mage Guild Quests and what is the Mage Guild Level requirements? This is for Daggerfall by the way.
    NFLD -
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each Mages Guild rank is dependent on the number of Lorebooks you have found (those are the ones which have a blue glow). Unfortunately I do not have the numbers of reputation points required for each rank, but each single book gives 5 points of reputation, and each completed Collection gives 20.

Each Mages Guild quest requires a specific rank - 5 main quests (in addition to the starter quest and an epilogue quest) corresponding to 5 rank requirements (MG ranks go up to 10, but you'll get the last quest at 5).

Mages Guild quests will start at any Mages Guild hall, but the "main" one (the one with Valaste in) for the last quest is in Evermore for DC (or Rawl'kha for AD, Riften for EP).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • PartTimePinsent
    Thanks holmes!
    NFLD -