Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Confused with the moon cycles

Manglorious
Manglorious
Soul Shriven
Ok, so how do these day/night cycles work/last in respect to having the werewolf spawn? Ive been trying to figure out when to go to the area to get a werewolf bite since the free bite thread seems to be useless and all people do is scam in game. If i could just get an explanation of when they will spawn and how to figure it out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
  • Ghostedmind
    From what i have found, the moon is on an 8 day cycle, i tshould be a full moon today, then 8 days from today it will be a full moon again. I have also read that you can go to the end of the docks in Riften (Ebonheart) and the waterlevel on the steps will tell you what its at (first step is new/blood moon last step being full moon.

Hope this helps
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all, the reports have been somewhat inconclusive. There is no official word from ZoS (and that is likely on purpose, they want the bites to be rare and something you encounter instead of having a garanteed way). Als, when the bites are popular (with pc when it just launched and now wit hthe consule), this is a hot subject, but after a while, on pc, it became much easier to get a bite from another player and the entire subject dropped again.

What is rumoured is that it happens at full moon.
    The problem is what qualifies as a full moon. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Khajiit#Morphology
    As this shows, there are two moons and they dont have to be full at the same time.

The 8 days cycle is rumored a lot, but then again, in the first week, people where complaining that there was no vampire moon while there where 2 moments werewolfs spawned. That would be inconclusive. This might have to do with server resets btw when there is maintanance.

The combination of a long and complicated cycle, the possibility of unknown resets of the cycle and the problem with verifying rumors, means it is nearly impossible to tell for sure. Also when the bites becomes more available, it will matter less to peole.

So conclusion: it is complicated and we likely will never fully know.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU