Official Discussion Thread for "Coming to ESOTU"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Coming to ESOTU."

Check out our video from the Bethesda Showcase at E3 to see what's in store for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    good work i cant wait thank you
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    WE KNOW ...at the end :sunglasses:

Hail Sithis!
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    July pre-launch for Imperial City. Bear mounts.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 15, 2015 2:09PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Taz
    Taz
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda excited to see this come. Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer!

Imperial City looks interesting. I'm still hoping there's going to be an arena in there that we'll be able to use at some point, or, any sort of smaller scale PvP!

Orsinium looks beautiful. I can't remember, I think it was a solo story zone, but I really hope we can go into it with friends, like a co-op RPG. And I might have to get me a bear mount--- wait, wait, is that... is... is that...

fd441f0e2d098cf3df050000d5f5d6f2.png

tumblr_nbrn10l55t1tk818co1_400.gif
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I may be critical, again, I still find myself wondering why they have to announce a DATE to begin talking about stuff.

They do not say anything at the E3 Showcase that was new, and then they announce that they have a date penciled in for next month when they can start talking about what they should have been talking about in the E3 Showcase.

Do they really, honestly, not know what they are going to be doing for Imperial City that they cannot even start talking about it? They have to wait for someone to finish a video to explain it all? They have to wait for someone to prepare formal announcement material? They have no one there that knows about Imperial City that can even just answer AMA questions for an hour or so?
    Edited by Elsonso on June 15, 2015 2:23PM
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    In that wallpaper, the Flesh Atronach looks similar to that of a Broodmother from the Dragon Age universe...

And both give me the hibbly-jibblies! :s
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that July is when it will come to PTS, and that is when they can begin talking about it.
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • LillyAngel
    LillyAngel
    ✭✭
    Top stuff! Keep it coming...
    Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo! Nedic heavy armor style for crafting or a costume?
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that July is when it will come to PTS, and that is when they can begin talking about it.

This is my current hope.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Winterstrife
    Winterstrife
    ✭✭✭
    Taz wrote: »
    fd441f0e2d098cf3df050000d5f5d6f2.png

All that matters to me in this trailer.
    "Three voices as one shouted BLOOD FOR THE PACT!" - Three Hearts As One by Malukah
    S'trife | VR14 | Khajiit Nightblade | Ebonheart Pact
  • RagnarFirehawk
    So can't wait to get to go for a stroll through the Imperial City and get a look at that new zone but most of all so want to have a go at the Deadra that have control of the Imperial City... That Bear looks epic.
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have to wait for someone to finish a video to explain it all? They have to wait for someone to prepare formal announcement material? They have no one there that knows about Imperial City that can even just answer AMA questions for an hour or so?

Unfortunately it's this. This is the problem you have when a company sinks a LOT of money into a project. They have to control the marketing in order to get as much momentum as possible when they're ready for it. Weather that helps or not is another question though. It hurts some existing players, but the question is will it garner a lot newer players then they would have had otherwise?
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »
    They have to wait for someone to finish a video to explain it all? They have to wait for someone to prepare formal announcement material? They have no one there that knows about Imperial City that can even just answer AMA questions for an hour or so?

Unfortunately it's this. This is the problem you have when a company sinks a LOT of money into a project. They have to control the marketing in order to get as much momentum as possible when they're ready for it. Weather that helps or not is another question though. It hurts some existing players, but the question is will it garner a lot newer players then they would have had otherwise?

In this case it really would not have. The live presentation was met with one cheer, not a roaring stadium. Even the Legends T CG received a whoop from the crowd. No questions were asked. There were no questions to ask. They have to wait for the consoles to recover from launch, and get their player base happy again. If they can't get their street cred back up it then PR will limit their show time if allow them at all.
    Anyone notice no plans for the evil within 2? Lol
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The things we were teased over a year ago.

Loved how bad the reception was at E3.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Apothecy
    Apothecy
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed was at 0:50 seconds into the video, that Daedroth bites off that player or NPC's head and eats it, resulting in A LOT of blood. Looks to me like they're starting to add more violence and gore to the game.
    Main: Imperial -- Nightblade -- LVL 50
    Faction: Daggerfall Covenant
    Platform: PC
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    We all know Zos can make nice zones with good voice acting and pretty graphics. What I am concerned about is what there is to do in the zones. More solo questing? Ya we had 150 levels of that getting to V14 thanks. More pointless quests for pointless rewards and all these fancy new zones they are releasing will end up like craglorn after 1 month of release.

How about a progression system that entices players to keep logging on and forging ahead.Give us something to do that is challenging and has great rewards.

If I can heal all the new content in my purple seducer set then I am quitting this game for good.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what yer saying is on July 31st you will announce that I.C is coming Soon(TM).
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Thuring
    Thuring
    ✭✭
    IMPERIAL CITY *** YEAH!
    *** BATTLEBEARS *** YEAH!
    Make more Khajiiti breeds available... nope.

But still I´m just so glad we´ll be seeing new content now that the console version is out.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Imperial City and Orsinium are very far along, maybe even ready for PTS. However, I am sure they want to stagger DLC for sales/marketing reasons and not just drop it all on the PTS the week after console release. Just seeing a brief, flat wallpaper-like graphic of the Black Hand may seem like it fits it with the secretive nature of the Dark Brotherhood, but is probably more likely that the content is in very, very early stages and not ready to show in-game footage. So my guess is Imperial City in late summer, Orsinium in late Fall, but no Dark Brotherhood until 2016.
  • birdeye
    birdeye
    ✭✭
    Imperial City and Orsinium look sweet and Bear Mounts but what really got my attention was the DB blackhand. I mean come on they promised it "shorty after launch" and here we are a year later. I'm not here to criticize just here to say about freaking time. There is only two things that I've wanted since the game came out the Dark Brotherhood Guild and a Necromancer class while I may never see a necromancer class at least their hinting at Dark Brotherhood.
  • lifefrombelowb14_ESO
    I'm wondering if Dark Brotherhood is going to be a full skill tree like Mages, Fighters, and Undaunted or if its just going to be something more like bounties and item rewards.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks really good :)
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice tease, glad to know that July is right around the corner but do you mean that we will get an announcement in July about Imperial City, Orsinium and/or Dark Brotherhood or is that when you guys plan on it hitting PTS?

Love the bear mounts, can't wait for Imperial City, Orsinium and Dark Brotherhood and also Thieves Guild... dying to play this content but please stop being so cryptic and teasing us...

These DLC's need to be tested thoroughly and need to be meaty with content, please let us test it :)

• Mrchavoda
    Mrchavoda
    The Teaser was weak at best.. many of us already knew all this stuff for ages , specially since a fair bit of game assets are already pre-installed on our clients and they told us the same nothing before.

I dare say that they even will split up everting and release it over a year instead of it being a big update that should be done , saves them a lot of dev time having to make new things and between just give us more re-skins of the same items.

Also wonder were the guard system is..not heard anything about it since they released 1.6
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    now all we need is a DATE OF RELEASE
    all we know it's 'coming this year' ...and that's just simply not enough :neutral:
    with lack of some serious info Fallout 4 will get all of the payers attention...
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, I'm so excited for this new stuff, can't hardly wait ......

Now lets be serious, we knew and saw trailers of this months ago. Orsinium, Wrothgar and Imperial City are not news. These things should have been in the game quite a while ago, or at the very least they needed to announce a detailed "road ahead" with release dates. We don't need a teaser or first look of these things because we have known about them for months.

I honestly expected specific release months for Orsinium, Wrothgar and Imperial City, combined with some teasers about future plans like Brotherhood and/or housing and/or Spellcrafting. Where is ESO heading? Does ZOS even know?

Every MMO has to keep players excited about the future and ESO does a poor job at that.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Every MMO has to keep players excited about the future and ESO does a poor job at that.

You're 'half' right actually.
    It's good to see something they work on announced officially (AT LAST), but with no release date (or even PTS release date)
    it's hard to be excited so much about it. I'm spending more time recently re-playing Fallout 3 & NV (preparing for Fallout 4) than playing ESO :neutral: ...and I like ESO a lot! Just fact, that we don't even know when to expect content update (that we already know about) is really frustrating.
    Other BIG mmo I've been playing for years (and paying for years) always released full info about new expansion ...like zone levels, gear expectations, crafting updates etc, so while waiting I could get better gear for nice start in new zone ...or gear up my not used tank or healer for new dungeons/raids I've seen in expansion announcement. My point is... there was always something making me keep playing to prepare for new stuff that's coming.
    Now I just log in my main, do all daily writs, relog to my new character and do some quests till enlightenment runs out ...and go back to playing Fallout for the rest of the day. Since thanks to exp boosters people focus more on fishing and mindless cp grind rather than trials there's not much else for me to do :neutral:
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I think they should switch to interactive Q&A for some of this.

A brief intro followed by Q&A makes for a much more interpersonal way to present information and people think they are getting information unscripted, even if they aren't.
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Seth_Black wrote: »

Just fact, that we don't even know when to expect content update (that we already know about) is really frustrating.

Agreed. I think they believe that by keeping us in the dark because the next update is a long way off we will continue to play ESO 'just in case'. However, I love to prepare for new content. I don't mind waiting for it but I need a concrete plan of what is coming when, and what direction the game is going in further down the road. Otherwise I'm constantly looking for somethign else to play.