Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO and low budget laptops with intel 3000/4000 gpu

Rinmaethodain
Rinmaethodain
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Im playing ESO mostly on my PC but im soon buying backup laptop for traveling and staying away from home. I want it to run ESO on all minimal settings with anything that can be disabled.

Does anyone have experience how ESO would run on some low end laptop with Intel i3 CPU with integrated graphic card Intel HD 4000? Resolution 1366x768.
I want to spent on that laptop not much and i wonder if in that minimal setup i would get 20-30 fps during farming in dungeon, running pledge, visiting city for bank/writs/etc
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect to have cooling issues. A GPU like that should run ESO non-optimally, but will likely run very hot, creating additional performance issues.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing on an old dell inspiron that had an I3 in it.. it did have a secondary card (radeon) but it was negotiable on if that even worked.. hehe.

I could play ESO, yes, on pretty low settings (I think I could achieve low/medium).. but.. the thing got VERY hot, which leads to a point that was made above.. heat issues are bad. They can cause short or long term bad effects on the thing, if it overheats it can just randomly shut off (which is bad on it's own) or the heat can just slowly cause many pieces in the laptop to degrade much faster than intended.

I have also seen posts from people that have laptops that have integrated cards that couldn't run the game at all..

So.. it's a bit of a gamble, and if you do go ahead with it, depending on how often you use it for ESO, you're likely killing your laptop.. slowly.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord