Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to change campaign?

dankness555
My friends are in dominion and playing on thornblade pvp server. I created a pact chracter on thronblade before they bought the game. I wanted to play with them so I created a dominion character. I knew I needed to change campaigns on my first char so I grinded the 15,000 alliance points. I signed on this morning as my cooldown to change campaigns had ended, I switched from thornblade to Haderus on my pact char. I logged out of pact and onto my dominion char so I could join up with them but when I chose thornblade it said I have another faction member in that campaign. I logged back on my pact char and sure enough he was still on thronblade, the change didn't work and I still have my alliance points. The only thing that did work is the cooldown timer to change servers, I now have to wait another 3 days to try this again. I paid 95$ for this game and I can't even play with friends, so frustrating. Any help is much appreciated.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An easy work around would be joining as group. When you are grouped outside pvp and want to join pvp, the groupleader can choose the option "join as group". Then all of you will be able to join at the exact same time to the campaign the leader chose, no matter what your actual home campaign is. Additionally you can use the "teleport to a friend / group member / guild member" to enter any campaign as long as the population isn't locked. The only downside of doing so is that you won't be placed on the leaderboard outside your home campaing. (You will still get alliance points and increase your rank).

To finally fix your problem make sure that both, your home and your guest campaign are something different than Thornblade and use the "change campaign now" option not "change at the end of the campaign".
  • dankness555
    An easy work around would be joining as group. When you are grouped outside pvp and want to join pvp, the groupleader can choose the option "join as group". Then all of you will be able to join at the exact same time to the campaign the leader chose, no matter what your actual home campaign is. Additionally you can use the "teleport to a friend / group member / guild member" to enter any campaign as long as the population isn't locked. The only downside of doing so is that you won't be placed on the leaderboard outside your home campaing. (You will still get alliance points and increase your rank).

To finally fix your problem make sure that both, your home and your guest campaign are something different than Thornblade and use the "change campaign now" option not "change at the end of the campaign".

I should have specified that I was on the Xbone version of ESO. I don't see "change campaign now" or "change at the end of campaign". It just says press X to join and when I do it says "set guest" or "set home for 15,000".
  • dankness555
    I changed my home campaign and guest campaign on pact to something other than thornblade. The guest campaign worked but it still says im locked to thornblade on my normal campaign. I don't think it was anything I did wrong. When I switched using 15,000 alliance points it even confirmed it but it didn't take my points and Im stuck on thronblade with another 3 day cooldown.