Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to find the hireling?

Dimebagd88
Yesterday, I put a point into my enchanting hireling, and was expecting to receive something tonight.. Is there an actual place I go to see my hireling? Or do I receive the item in the mail? Thanks
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will receive your goodies in the mail, with a (often humorous) message. It usually takes 24hours after putting in the skill point to get your first hireling mail.
    Edited by Reverb on June 16, 2015 3:58AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly you never meet them .. they are out in the field gathering things for you and will post them to you once a day.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    they are out in the field gathering things for you and will post them to you once a day.
    Or twice per day ...
    shades.gif
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    B) ... well that depends on how much you pay them. Most of mine are simply lazy and I pay them nothing !!

( 1 skill point instead of 3 )
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    they are out in the field gathering things for you and will post them to you once a day.
    Or twice per day ...
    shades.gif

True. Its only worth it to get the 3rd hireling level if you can commit to being online, in-game at 12 hour intervals (or play for >12 hours every day). Otherwise it's a waste of skill points.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dimebagd88
    Ok cool thanks for the answers guys
  • bennyboo1
    bennyboo1
    Soul Shriven
    I'm still stuck with this its been 3 days and not received anything and my hireling is level 2 lol
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like having the 12-hour guys/girls because I am not always on at the same time each day. Getting my mails at 12-hour intervals means that even if I log in earlier than I did yesterday, I still get a mail, and don't have to skip a day.