Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't find Ebony Ore in Cyrodiil...

Riku_Kurosaki15
I am on Xbox One and for the second straight day I've been unable to find any Ebony Ore in Cyrodiil. I've been looking around for about an hour now(and spent 2 hours looking last night)and all I've been able to find is Voidstone ore. I am on the Blackstone Blade server for Cyrodiil. I do have a theory though if anyone can confirm or deny it. I've noticed all the mobs and NPC soldiers are Vet rank 12, and Voidstone is used to make armor for Vet ranks 9 to 12. Is it because the server I joined has Vet rank 12 mobs that it will only spawn Voidstone ore? Because I remember when I was playing on PC with my best friend, we would find Lvl 50 mobs and NPC enemies there and we could always find Ebony Ore. Should I just leave Blackstone Blade and cue up for another server? If so, is there a specific one on the Xbox One I should be in? Any help would be great! I have a Blacksmithing Writ for Ebony gear I need to complete and I know Ebony Ore can be found in Cyrodiil and Coldharbour(and at Level 43 I'm not quite ready yet to go to Coldharbor)and it's rarely found in Reaper's March.
Xbox Gamertag: Riku Kurosaku15 |

Guild Leader of Wolf Children, Werewolf guild for Xbox One, Aldmeri Dominion. We're always looking for new members! For more information, visit our recruitment topic: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/195612/wolf-children-werewolf-guild-ad-free-bites-to-all-new-members
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure i have seen ebony ore in Cyrodiil. I know the level 45-50 Coldharbour zone is packed to the gills with it ...
    :smiley:

PS: Also, one of my chars went to Coldharbour at level 15 to get some skyshards and mine resources. Can't survive a fight but you can still collect a lot of stuff from nodes and chests.
    Edited by SirAndy on June 16, 2015 4:56AM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The resources in Cyrodil for the huge open expanses is a bit disappointing. Better off picking the region at the right level for farming.

Having said that I don't know if it is better pickings in Cyrodil's caves ... avoided them because of the grouped mobs. Maybe have a friend enter Coldharbor with you as your bodyguard ?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend