Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone please take me to riften? Or could someone join a group with me and let me teleport?

Proud_Savior
Proud_Savior
Soul Shriven
I REALLY want to get to riften, but i am only level 10. Thanks!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply walk there, using roads.

With only a small amount of care you'll avoid all aggro. You can find the maps easily via Google to help you and in ESO, like most MMOs, keeping to the roads avoids nearly all possible aggro, in fact ESO has large expanses of zones where there are no hostile mobs at all.

I take new characters to get all (most) overworld Skyshards in all 5 faction zones when they exit the intro instance. Yes, I've been playing since pre-launch so I know what I'm doing but a new player simply using the maps can get to where you want to get to. Not sure WHY you want to get to Riften but try it, you may find you enjoy the experience. :)
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with KerinKor I really wanted to get to reaper's march to get infected with lycanthropy, so i rode my horse there and I've been howling at the moon ever since. Results may very. Find it on the map and put a custom marker then ride out. Swim across any ocean, go around any mountain.
    Edited by Sithisvoid on June 15, 2015 2:09PM
  • Proud_Savior
    Proud_Savior
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys, but i am poor, and so i dont have a mount... gues i will be walking for the next 3 years lol
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, but i am poor, and so i dont have a mount... gues i will be walking for the next 3 years lol
    On foot it'll take you around an hour I would guess, 15 mins per zone, and that may be pessimistic. Trust me, I do the 'world tour' in around 3-4 hours sometimes on horseback but often on foot and that's going all over all 5 zones.

Again, yes, I accept I know what I'm doing and I'm certainly not suggesting you do that right away. All I'm doing is giving you some idea of the amount of time it'll take you simply to walk to RIften.

PLUS, you'll get some exploration XP as well so if you're planning on weapon swapping at level 15 equip your intended second weapon type before you set off, you'll get some nice weapon XP as you sight-see .. PLUS, you'll pick up a few Wayshrines for later use.

Hell, it's a bargain. :D
    Edited by KerinKor on June 15, 2015 2:35PM
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at your posthistory, a remark that the people above are assuming that you are in the ebonheart pact. The starting town for that pact is in Vulkhel guard in stonefalls. Riften is directly north of this map. So all you need to do is cross stonefalls.

But in an earlier post by you, you where in the aldmeri dominion. You can't simply walk to riften then. You need to level up to level 45. do all the main story quests, including the final one, which involves beating a hard to kill boss. Then you can take a quest called cadwell's silver, that will bring you from the aldmeri dominion to the ebonheart pact. From there you can walk there. If you would be in the daggerfall convenant, it would even be further, cause cadwells silver would mean finishing all of the aldmeri dominion and they then get cadwells gold to reach the pact.

If you are in the aldmeri dominion and the reason is that you still want to become a werewolf or a vampire, you need to be in reaper's march instead. You can walk there from vulkhel guard.to do so aim north to reach the town of skywatch. There take the boat (at the harbor south of town) to haven. Walk to the wayshrine and enter the door into haven. There are a lot of enemy's so hug the wall and stay crouched (hidden). Take the northeast exit out of haven and follow the road to elden root. From there continue north to cormouth and then furthe rnorth into reapers march.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU