Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer pet attacks innocents even with option turned on

Turkeysammich
Turkeysammich
✭✭✭
I have "prevent attacking inncocents" turn on, but if i have my familiar active, and another player attacks an npc, the familiar will help them, i have a huge bounty right now thanks to this crap.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you have your pet out in town?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Why do you have your pet out in town?

Maybe we should have had the justice system a long time ago just for this kind of thing. Nothing more irritating in a bank than some fool and his pets.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Turkeysammich
    Turkeysammich
    ✭✭✭
    I wasnt in town, so pet rant invalid , thank you for trying to make me the bad guy when i'm looking for help, trolls.
    Edited by Turkeysammich on June 13, 2015 12:16AM
  • doomtrigger
    Pretty sure you were in town because there was a dude running around stealing *** and he had a pet out and the NPC attacked and he went to another area stealing more *** and aggroed another NPC and then the guards came and he got away you could just wait it out too
  • Turkeysammich
    Turkeysammich
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure i wasnt in town because i wasnt in town, i was near the area in AD where you save some soldiers or whatnot in a cellar, across the bridge talking to a quest npc, he killed an npc across the road and my pet helped him, i shouldnt have to wait out a 100+ fine for some other guy killing them.
    Edited by Turkeysammich on June 14, 2015 6:32PM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The joys of a "Justice" system that drags you into a local brawl that costs you even if you made no active decision to participate.

I wonder if you'd get a bounty if you accidentally did an untargetted AoE in town ?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »

I wonder if you'd get a bounty if you accidentally did an untargetted AoE in town ?

I would suspect yes.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, realize these critters aren't just "pets" they are summoned daedra and have some attitude.

I have an altmer/sorc that has to be really careful exactly when she summons her twilight matriarch because Roo (the name I'm using for the Twilight Matriarch) has this nasty habit of picking fights with NPCs in dungeons. Granted, most of them were "red" anyway, but it's a pain in the parts when the entire party is trying to be stealthy and Roo decides that it's too boring and so-and-so 'was gonna attack us anyway'.

Any time I hear that little song she hums I know it's time to send her "home" for a bit.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am grateful I have respecced my sorc from warlock with pets to destro staff
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend