Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XP ?

Grazzt
Grazzt
✭✭✭
So, this might sound like a very stupid question, but ... do we have XP in this game ? :D

I mean, I level up regularely, see my "XP bar" (for lack of a better term) filling up when I finsih quests and everything, but is there a way to actually see how much XP we have and how much we need to get to the next level ?

For example, if we kill random monsters who are not part of a Quest, do we get XP or something like that ?

Thanks !
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do as long as that mob isnt too low lvl. I think its 5 lvls difference.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. If you kill anything more than 5 levels below your level, or more than 5 levels above, you won't be XP or loot. Anything within that range will give you XP and a chance at loot. (And both go to each person who contributed, there is no risk of someone else stealing your XP by landing the first or last hit like in some games.)

But part of the games minimalist UI is that it doesn't show the actual numbers on screen. If you're playing on PC you can download addons to either show your current XP as a numerical number, add text to show how much you gained or both. If you're playing on a console then unfortunately you're stuck with the default UI.

(And probably stuck with someone spamming this thread with that picture of the creepy orange guy to show how 'superior' the PC version is.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC you can mouse over the XP bar to see the current values. Consoles probably don't have this option.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    On PC you can mouse over the XP bar to see the current values. Consoles probably don't have this option.

I didn't know that. I'll have to remember that for the future. :)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that neither, thanks for the tip and the explanations :)

(and yes I'm on PC so next time I'll log in I'll mouse over the bar to see the numbers, but as I actually love the minimalist UI I probably won't add an add-on for that ;) )