Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PC] Newbie questions

Menegroth
Menegroth
✭✭✭
Hello everyone.

I just bought the game and thought I'd introduce myself and ask a few questions while the game downloads ever so slowly.

I beta tested ESO and, like many, didn't stick around. Due to all the bugs and some odd design choices at the time and the rampant bots ruining chat and almost all quests. I will admit though that part of my bitterness towards the game back then was due to the fact that ESO wasn't Skyrim Online. Silly, I know. It's clear a single player game would never work as a MMO, but I was obsessed with Skyrim back then.
Now that that's past me and I've seen some actual updated reviews, since almost all other reviews dates back to launch and are almost all bad, I decided to buy it.

So, onto my questions.

1 - Lycanthropy and vampirism
I know how and the locations to get infected, so I assumed the quests to complete the ritual were also high level. But I saw some videos of people completing the vampire/werewolf quests at level 6. Is that really possible? I intend to create a Nightblade and a Dragonknight as my first characters, will they be ok doing those quests at level 6? I'd like to get infected as soon as possible to level their skill tress while I level myself.

2 - Horses
While lurking the forums for the past week before buying the game, I've read that horses can be shared among characters within the same account and server. My question is: do the training in stamina, speed etc also carry over? If I train my Imperial horse speed on my Nightblade, will it still have that speed upgrade if I use it with my Dragonknight?

3 - Player created guilds
It's still not entirely clear to me, but I think its possible to join multiple player created guilds, correct? If so, is there a limit to how many guilds you can join? If I join guild X with my Nightblade, will my Dragonkight also be part of guild X GW2 style or each character can have it's own set of separated guilds? English is not my first language and even I am confused by this question even though I can't think of a better way to word it. Or maybe it's the lack of caffeine in my system.

4 - Resources
I've been reading quite a lot about ESO and watching a ton of videos. From Deltia's guides, UESP, this newbie's guide ESO official twitter retweeted and ESOUI. Are there other good information sources out there you guys could recommend? It could be websites, youtubers, streamers. I'm up for any source of info.

5 - Addons
Like I said above, i've been looking at ESOUI addons but I'd love any recommendation you guys may have for me. Which addons you consider essential? Which ones do you like the most? I'm specialy interested in UI improvement addons. Improving inventory, bank, mail, so on and so forth. Also, is there another good, realiable source of addons or it's just ESOUI for now?
"I see", said the blind man

Best Answers

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Answer ✓
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ok *stretches fingers*

2. the upgrades are per character, the mount is account wide. so, no. :(

3. guilds are also account wide, and you can join up to 5 of them. all your characters will be in every guild you join. GW2 style.

4. those sources are pretty good, and in general are go to sources. I linked a video from my guildie @HeroOfNone, as we like to help out and show how things work. All this covers the basics i think, if you want more specific things, those are out there too. (and you can ask him and I for more specific things)

5.Nexusmods has some i think... not sure though. Popularity can be a good indicator for good addons. I really like the Wykkyd suite, it has a bunch of things i find very useful (especially for leveling and gear/spec setup)
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Answer ✓
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Been answered
    2. Skills are now character based instead of mount based like in the past. Flip-side, you can now fully max all three stats.
    3. You can join up to 5 guilds, you can leave any guild at any time and all guilds are account wide not character specific.
    4. I enjoy watching Deltia, but honestly the forums are probably your best bet for resources.
    5. You can use Minion which is an add-on client that pulls from ESOUI. As far as I know ESOUI is still one of the few sources. Curse has a site but they just pull add-ons from ESOUI. You mentioned Deltia so you should know he has an add-on video that would be good for you to watch. He doesn't use everything you are looking for but a lot of his add-ons are really useful. The video is slightly dated but most of it is still good. I will warn you now; finding, specing and figuring out which add-ons you actually want to use and keep can be time consuming especially when you find ones that don't work all that well.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
    Answer ✓
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Menegroth wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »

Interesting. Looks like it'll be a bit easier with my Dragonknight. And I bet it'll be a pain with my Nightblade.
    Thanks for the video. :)

I'd appreciate it if you could offer some input about the other questions as well.

It's all about keeping distance and not trying to over DPS. Slow and steady with a good DPS pattern
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Answer ✓
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a LOT of threads on the forum for favorite add-ons. Do a search and you should be able tofind some threads listing popular ones. Like mentioned above, get Minion. It's a stand alone program that will install add-ons for you. It will also let you know when an update is available, and makes it easy to uninstall them. I run it every 2-3 days at a minimum before starting the game.
    Some common ones to get you started:
    UI/inventory-AwesomeGuild Store, AdvancedFilters, InventoryGridView, MasterMerchant
    Crafting-CraftStore, MultiCraft, HarvestMap, Quick Enchanter, Potion Maker, Souschef, ESO Master Recipe List
    UI/combat-FoundryTactical Combat, Combat Cloud, Srendarr, Azurah,
    Exploration-Skyshards, Lorebooks, Destinations, QuestMap
    Utility-Wykkyds Toolbar, Binder, pchat, papacrown

Plenty of others, these are just the ones that pop in my head.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Answer ✓
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 - Lycanthropy and vampirism
    A: the quest to unlock the skillline is actually not really scaled as the foes are high level. But the vampire skills you are given during the fight are. This makes it relativly easy. The first vampire skill is a dot skills that also stuns the enemy, while you drain his life and heals yourself. The second is a stealth. Between those you can simply kite using your other skills (which do limited damage). and if available use the vampire ultimate to finish of the enemy. Never done the werewolf one, but I imagine it is simular. So not really scaled, but it is not reasonable easy and you wont have much trouble with at level 9.

2: horses.
    AThe training in stamina and speed (etc) are ridingskills. They have nothing to do with the horse, but with the person riding. Those are therefor soulbound. They don't carry over to other characters, but as it is the riders skills, if you change the horse, it does carry over. This makes horses all the same and only cosmetic. A specific skin for a horse is accountbound.

3: guilds
    A: you can join up to 5 guilds and membership is on an account base.

4: Resources.
    A: I personally use google as my main resource. But the things you've listed are commonly the places I end up ;)

5: Addons.
    A: unless you want to explore on your own, the skyshard and lore books add ons are essential. They put an icon for the skyshards and the lore books on the map and the compass
    I also use the minimap add on, to add a minimap to the game.
    Further I use the treasure chest location addon. It also marks the location of crafting survey's. These are not so well documented and come in handy.
    The last major addon is master merchant. It is use and does several things.
    a: track sales records from all your guilds en you personally.
    b: based on that info gives you pricechecks both in the items tooltip and makes an option to sent it to chat.
    c: it also uses that info when listing, by setting the average price as the default price when selling stuff.
    d: last it holds a record of all sales you do in a separate window.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Answer ✓
  • Dustile
    Dustile
    ✭✭✭
    1 - yes. You can pay some1 to infect you
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    Dustile wrote: »
    1 - yes. You can pay some1 to infect you

Thanks for the reply. I'll never pay someone to bite me, but that's just me.
    My question was regarding something else though. I already know you can travel to high level zones and get infected at low levels. What I'm asking is, after being infected, if it's really possible to complete the quests from both lycantropy and vampirism at level 6 or if I'll have to get a few more levels before trying it.

Edited by Menegroth on June 13, 2015 5:48AM
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

Interesting. Looks like it'll be a bit easier with my Dragonknight. And I bet it'll be a pain with my Nightblade.
    Thanks for the video. :)

I'd appreciate it if you could offer some input about the other questions as well.
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot guys! Your answers were really helpful. :smiley:
    Now we play the waiting game untill this download finishes.