Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please improve the provisioning interface.

pareidolon
pareidolon
✭✭✭
Since the 1.6 update we now have up to three times the recipes. The interface right now is a mess: You can hide recipes above your level (or rather your crafting skill) but not below it. When you get a lot of recipes for Meat the only way to get to a Vegetable recipe is to scroll down the page until you've passed your last Meat recipe and then click Vegetable, and then scroll down to your desired recipe. We can hide those recipes we don't have ingredients for, but this worked much better pre-1.6 when ingredients were tiered, and it doesn't help us to figure out what we still need to acquire.

I know this is a very small part of the game, but I like the provisioning craft and it should be a simple matter to give us an option like "narrow by level."

On the subject, searching for recipes in guild stores is a disaster also. Trying to narrow by character level actually shows us the wrong recipes for the level. What would be very nice here is a keyword search (which might be helpful for other items as well).

Thanks for any consideration and input.
  • Echo_Silence
    I think that would be a great idea implemented in the game. Sorting the recipes by levels when you want to create a recipe your level. The thing I think I would want most is search bar. A search bar for your inventory and bank/guild bank (Easier to search for items then scrolling). But lets stay on your topic. I agree that's a good idea.

~Echo_Silence
    @pareidolon
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1
    That would be very nice and keyword searches in all categories as well.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pareidolon wrote: »
    When you get a lot of recipes for Meat the only way to get to a Vegetable recipe is to scroll down the page until you've passed your last Meat recipe and then click Vegetable, and then scroll down to your desired recipe.

What would be very nice here is a keyword search (which might be helpful for other items as well).

I think in the recipe list, you can click on the Meat Title bar and collapse all those recipes. I know you can for the other categories. I have a provisioner that is coming up on 400 recipes, so, yes there is a lot of scrolling even then.

Awesome Guild Store is an add on you need to get. It gives a you a way to search by Keyword, create granular filters, and even save those filters between guild stores. You can get this at ESOUI.

I know you were not looking for addons, but ESO's philosophy is, make the UI minimal stock, but allow addons to be used. It's not ideal, but I really prefer this as the information I want in the game is different than what other people want.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• pareidolon
    pareidolon
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    pareidolon wrote: »
    When you get a lot of recipes for Meat the only way to get to a Vegetable recipe is to scroll down the page until you've passed your last Meat recipe and then click Vegetable, and then scroll down to your desired recipe.

What would be very nice here is a keyword search (which might be helpful for other items as well).

I think in the recipe list, you can click on the Meat Title bar and collapse all those recipes. I know you can for the other categories. I have a provisioner that is coming up on 400 recipes, so, yes there is a lot of scrolling even then.

Awesome Guild Store is an add on you need to get. It gives a you a way to search by Keyword, create granular filters, and even save those filters between guild stores. You can get this at ESOUI.

I know you were not looking for addons, but ESO's philosophy is, make the UI minimal stock, but allow addons to be used. It's not ideal, but I really prefer this as the information I want in the game is different than what other people want.

Thanks I did get Awesome Guild Store and it's helped greatly. However I've found you can't collapse all recipes at once. Maybe that's an improvement that a different addon gives you, but I wasn't able to find any addons that address the crafting UI in that way.
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU for the mention of that addon. For months now, I've been silently twitching every time I go to a guild kiosk, knowing the name of an item or recipe, but unable to search or even put the items in alphabetical order.
    I downloaded that right away and am going to look at it right now.
    EU / NA / PC