The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Not able to physically see friends in game.

Dekkon
Dekkon
Soul Shriven
I'm having the same issue as a number of other players with my xbox friends list not showing up, but on top of that i can not physically see my friends in game either. I used the work around in game of just making a group and inviting my friend that way, but even tho i was grouped with them I could not see there avatar in the game. They show up on the map as a "V" but when we are standing next to each other on the map I can still not see them. There is also a problem when in a group that voice chat was not working. It said it was unavailable at this time. I'v also tried grouping with friends threw the xbox group app and still can not join my friends that way it says "character does not exist". Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thks
  • Dekkon
    Dekkon
    Soul Shriven
    Edit: I'm on the NA mega server.
  • Only1nexus
    You need to make sure you are in the same group. then port to the leader of the group you will then be able to see each other. It would also help if you all were in the same guild to make a party. The friends list is buggy right now and they are working on a fix.
    Edited by Only1nexus on June 13, 2015 10:17PM
    Guild Master of : Morrowind Musketeers
    GT: Only1nexus
    PM for invite
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    I might have something to do with only being able to see 200 people at once in a certain instance... well that's what the limit says in the Xbox Store. "1-200 Xbox Live"

Not sure if they updated that.

But they were probably in a different instance. So you'd have to teleport to theirs and you'd be able to see each other... or so I would believe.
    Please Refer to my Blacksmith Manual
    Rambling Anti-Manual Manual
  • jcxburnerx
    Dekkon wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue as a number of other players with my xbox friends list not showing up, but on top of that i can not physically see my friends in game either. I used the work around in game of just making a group and inviting my friend that way, but even tho i was grouped with them I could not see there avatar in the game. They show up on the map as a "V" but when we are standing next to each other on the map I can still not see them. There is also a problem when in a group that voice chat was not working. It said it was unavailable at this time. I'v also tried grouping with friends threw the xbox group app and still can not join my friends that way it says "character does not exist". Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thks

I think i understand what you mean. Are your friends just not showing up in your friends list and when you search them it says they do not exist. I'm having no problems finding them if my friends actually appear in my social/friends list in game but a lot of the gametags never appear like they don't have the game when im talking to them in xbl party.