Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to give the gift of Hircine on PS4 ? solved**

OzJohnD
OzJohnD
✭✭✭✭
New to PS4 and just relearning ESO having transferred over from PC. I have a werewolf toon that can bite another player but do not know how on the PS4. I remember it being challenging even on PC with it being hard to activate the ability to bite. I know it needs to be in werewolf form and the skill has to be bought in Skills > Werewolf but I had a random wander around the shrine today with a number of low level players clearly there to be bitten but could not make it work.

Can anyone detail a "walk through" of the biting process on the PS4 ?
Edited by OzJohnD on June 13, 2015 11:17PM
Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/Dso_VQsY91o If you're Aldmeri Domionion I'm down to get bit greatfulcook on psn
    Edited by Sithisvoid on June 13, 2015 12:45AM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/Dso_VQsY91o If you're Aldmeri Domionion I'm down to get bit greatfulcook on psn

Thanks but that is PC ... I will keep trying on PS4 and report back if I can work it out.

Anyone else worked it out on PS4 with a controller ?

Do I need to be grouped for the option to appear ?

X by itself just jumps
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• scottysynthetic
    Where is the shrine? I'm in the ebonheart pact and would love to be a werewolf
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Reapers_March_Vampire_Werewolf_Shrines.jpg

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact ritual shrine is north west out of Riften ... couldn't find a good map on Google search.

• scottysynthetic
    So have you figured out how to bite people?!
    Because I've been trying to find someone forever ha
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have "spoken" to a couple of werewolves near the shrines and they say the option to bite just appears when looking at a suitable target. It may be lag preventing it appearing for me. Will try when less people are near the shrine.

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still having difficulty ... the option to bite another player just does not appear despite player sills being correct, in werewolf form and near shrine.

I tested my vampire and had minimal problems. The option appeared easily, I had to try a few times before I succeeded but at least the option was there. Thinking its lag an issue.

I recall experiencing similar difficulties with my werewolf getting off a bite on the PC version.

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think I may have worked it out.

Was hanging around shrine for ages having just morphed and couldn't see bite (Devore) as an option on any player. Left the shrine, killed a scorpion, fed and came straight back into shrine area and immediately had Devore on player as an option, activated it and the bite effective, including now my cool down appearing in my character buff list.