The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild and Group Voice Channel Active at the Same Time

SkinnerSw33t
Hi. Whenever I activate a Guild voice channel, my Group voice channel deactivates, and vice versa.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, I'm doing something wrong, or it's by design.
  • SkinnerSw33t
    Forgot to mention that I'm experiencing this behavior on the Xbox One.
  • VictoriaRachel
    VictoriaRachel
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it is by design, or at least effects everyone. You can only be active in one voice channel at a time. Whether this is a good design or not is something that is up for discussion but you are not doing anything wrong.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to listen to both at the same time, but you can only speak in one at a time.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SkinnerSw33t
    Unfortunately I'm not able to listen to both Group and Guild at the same time.

I know from a discussion on another forum that this "problem" is universal on both Xbox and PlayStation. If it's a design choice, please consider changing it.
  • Yattaq
    Yattaq
    ✭✭✭
    It behaveslike popular pc voip programs like vent and mumble. Being in 2 channels at once and talking to both at the same time would just confuse the hell out of people. I guess there could be some marginal benefit to listening to guild and group at the same time, but I already don't really like how it sort of auto-listens to area when you join a group.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I'm not able to listen to both Group and Guild at the same time.

I know from a discussion on another forum that this "problem" is universal on both Xbox and PlayStation. If it's a design choice, please consider changing it.
    Must be a bug. They said before launch that you would be able to listen to all but only speak in one, and I haven't heard that they changed it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • icurehangovers
    It's a design choice. If you want to not hear both, leave one channel. This can be done by accessing the voice chat menu by pressing start->y-> then selecting the channel you want to leave and pressing x. You can hear two channels at once but only respond to one at a time. Make sure you pay attention to your voice chat icon at the bottom right corner of your screen. If it is grey, you are responding to area chat. If it is green, you are talking to your guild.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can hear two channels at once but only respond to one at a time.
    This is exactly what people are reporting is not happening. They are only able to hear one channel at a time.
  • SkinnerSw33t
    Enodoc wrote: »
    You can hear two channels at once but only respond to one at a time.
    This is exactly what people are reporting is not happening. They are only able to hear one channel at a time.

Yeah. I'm limited to listening to one channel at a time. There are exceptions, but this is the case for the most part.

Being able to speak on one channel isn't a problem because I can switch on the fly as needed.
  • Asha_Veor
    Asha_Veor
    ✭✭✭
    Team speak also has the channel commander function

Something that should be considered for the leading of multiple PvP raids in ESO

A designated person, who can hold a button and transmit across multiple channels

With the Utter LACK of zone chat, Communicating with your entire faction has been effectivly cut off in PvP, SEVERLY hampering the coordination of groups in PvP

SOMETHING needs to be done to address this GIANT Achilles heel of a difference between PC pvp and Console pvp

And "switching channels on the fly" in pvp means you are sitting vunrable and not paying attention to the fight, as "on the fly" takes 2-3 seconds + the channel change time

6 seconds in the middle of a group action = DEAD

Solution = smart glass channel changing
    Solution = some manner of Zone chat, text chat would be preferable, Hell a guild text chat would be nice Too
    Asha_Veor TwilightPanther
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, apparently I was mistaken. While you can "Join" any number of chat channels, you can only listen in to Area chat and one other channel at a time, so it is therefore not possible to listen to both Group and Guild at once.

I would posit as a suggestion though that listening to Guild and Group at the same time should be possible if it is wanted, so keep asking for it. While not a bug, it can still be considered feedback.