The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the point of picking a char name is our PSN id is only used?

Adam_Chattaway
Adam_Chattaway
✭✭✭✭
I'm really disappointed in this, if i played a female my name on PSN would look silly, why do our char names not show like the PC version?
I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really disappointed in this, if i played a female my name on PSN would look silly, why do our char names not show like the PC version?

Wow, that's rough!

Way to throw RP even further down the john.

Now you can run around with your attractive female char named <something pretty> displaying as "jason59". How did this get past design?
    Edited by rb2001 on June 11, 2015 7:08PM
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rb2001 wrote: »

Wow, that's rough!

Way to throw RP even further down the john.

Now you can run around with your attractive female char named <something pretty> displaying as "jason59". How did this get past design?

Don't worry, they won't be doing any RPing on the console anyway. As soon as Jason59 opens his mouth, people are going to think differently of their attractive female char.

Well, unless they are RPing a transgendered woman of some sort.

That's totally fine if they are. : )

Edited by Varicite on June 11, 2015 7:10PM
    Options
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah is really sucks, so why even make us pick a name and then validate it against other players if its not shows? the only person who can see it is us on the menu? why?
    Options
  • Rosebee
    Rosebee
    THIS! Why in the world can't ZOS give us an option to choose what to display?
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can see your name on your friend's list. Personally this dosent effect me at all or my ability to role play.

The fact you can communicate via viop to anyone around you mean's a lot in my book's. Also i'm glad there is no Chat box, having people spam that *** is annoying to see.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see your name on your friend's list. Personally this dosent effect me at all or my ability to role play.

The fact you can communicate via viop to anyone around you mean's a lot in my book's. Also i'm glad there is no Chat box, having people spam that *** is annoying to see.

You could just, y'know, turn it off.

Just like everybody else has to turn off Area Chat right now if they don't want to hear the verbal equivalent of text spam, chip-eating, crying infants, fighting spouses, or any number of other unpleasant or unwanted intrusions to ones' game time.
    Options
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    hmm its bad
    Options
  • StreetRat
    StreetRat
    First day of ESO...never heard so many chip eaters....
    Options
  • hereiamhereibe2
    My first day in eso, "Why are we all running this way?" "Should i fight guards for XP?" "Please help, im at this arrow but theres just a doorway here." Gaw i hate when people expect there hands to be held in a video game, but when they want to hold my hand thats when i lose it. Thank god theres no profanity filter in voice chat :)
    Options
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first day in eso, "Why are we all running this way?" "Should i fight guards for XP?" "Please help, im at this arrow but theres just a doorway here." Gaw i hate when people expect there hands to be held in a video game, but when they want to hold my hand thats when i lose it. Thank god theres no profanity filter in voice chat :)

what does that have to do with the game missing an important BASIC thing in an mmo?
    yes i want people to see my char name not my dam psn id and so what is the point even of picking a name?
    Options
  • Pandemon1c
    Pandemon1c
    Soul Shriven
    I agree. Character names should be displayed, not PSN ID.
    Options
  • Jokersoul87
    So You want to See your characters Uh huh then that means you will have to memorize hundreds and thousands of your friends character name where as you can identify by there PSN since you are familar with that and thanks to ESO Just because you already friends it added to your in-game friend list i dont see the harm in that at all its not important
    Options
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    So You want to See your characters Uh huh then that means you will have to memorize hundreds and thousands of your friends character name where as you can identify by there PSN since you are familar with that and thanks to ESO Just because you already friends it added to your in-game friend list i dont see the harm in that at all its not important

Because my sexy bosmer female wants to be called Adam_Chattaway...
    Options
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    I was wondering why all the crazy names and not more custom ones. This is ridiculous, why even bother making names for your characters.

Thankfully my character's name is pretty much the same as my PSN ID.
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    RACE: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Server: NA (North America)
    Client: PS4
    PSN: Derwin0

Due to frequent crashes, I asked PSN for a refund. I might rebuy the game if they ever get their act together.
    Options