Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Am I questing wrong?

derekcheung88
derekcheung88
Soul Shriven
I've been wondering whether I'm doing something wrong regarding quests. I'm quite familiar with mmo's and I knowbin most games you go to one zone, pick up a bunch of quests that are generally in the same area and blast them out, rinse and repeat. However I've only really been doing one quest at a time? I don't know if this is the style of ESO since other elder scrolls games tend to focus on one quest at a time but not too sure since Ive read a few questing guides and they seem to think you can pick up multiple quests in the same place.

Bearing in mind I'm only level 8 so not sure if this will change as you level up.

Any help appreciated thanks
  • SURxR3AL
    SURxR3AL
    ✭✭✭
    eso is kinda tricky iv seen in the towns there are usually kinda bunched together but alot of the quests lead to other quests..you do one and on the way to that one or during that one you will run across anther arrow and so you can talk to that guy and pick it up to do later or go off and do it, its actually kinda brilliant if you think about it it really gets you to explore the whole area and just enjoy the environment
    NA Server (Xbox One)
    Magika Sorc - Zane Cloudreaver(EP)
    Magika Temp - Revan V'ile(EP)
    Stam DK - Kraven V'ile(AD)
    Stam NB- Relic V'alor(DC)
    Stam Sorc- Veric Septim(AD)
  • remedios17
    remedios17
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to pick up multiple quests at the same time as you wander around the area. There is always 1 main storyline of each map but in cities mostly or basically anywhere you can bump into questgivers.
    Guildmaster of the Order of the Magna Ge - social guild EP EU with 200+ members from all levels, all over the world, forming a nice relaxed, friendly - and a bit crazy - community - check us out at orderofthemagnage.guildlaunch.com or whisper me in game.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You generally won't have more than 2-3 quests in the same area (by which I mean one icon on the map, like a village). The questgivers are often found outside of town, on the roads, in caves etc. You need to go out an explore, practically any point of interest which isn't a delve or a world boss has some kind of quest tied to it. There are even a few unmarked quests, for example a named attackable NPC near one of the dolmens drops a journal that you read to start a quest.
  • derekcheung88
    derekcheung88
    Soul Shriven
    To be honest I prefer it this way, I'm actually interested in what I'm doing and actually want to do the quests. Rather than getting asked to kill 10 wolves and collect 10 ogre bones or whatever in most RPGs where you just rush through all the bunch of random quests you don't really care about
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    In general, ESO don't have so much quests per area that can be combined. In general there is one major story quest in an area and sometimes a sidequest.If it is a sidequest I will do them combined (switching a bit to see what they are about). But for the rest I concentrate on one quest.

The exception to this is the starter town. The reason is that it has so many things to set up.
    Mages guild questline
    Fighters guild questline
    undaunted questline
    main story questline
    zone story questline
    crafting tutorials
    quest guiding you to the tutorial islands
    one or two side quests

So it is an overkill of quests giving you the impression it is like the other games.
    My prefered way of doing the quests in the starter town is as follows:
    1: crafting tutorials.
    2: quest leading to the tutorial islands and do those. upon return:
    3: take mages, fighters and undaunted and do them so far the quest marker is out of town
    4: Do the city side quests
    5: start the zone story questline
    6: keep doing that, picking up side quests when you travel (and always check if those questmarks are closer by, best is to pause the zone story questline, cause otherwise you find yourself underlevelled soon).

From there on it is much more lineair and strait forward. I do the mages and fightersguild quests when I'm near thier questmarker. I do the main story quests whenever the prophet appears to me.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU