Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc Help please

Babo-Sekki
I have a level 10 sorc. Main skills i'm using are the dark spells and lightning or something like that. As for attributes I'm only putting points on Magicka. My problem is that I die so quick and the dmg done to the monsters are very weak, in addition, I run out of the spells after casting like 4-5. Where can I also find better gears? Thanks for all advises.
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    When you're leveling you really need Health. Having some points put into magicka is good too, but health needs to be your focus so you can take a few hits.

You should also not just be relying on your class abilities. At low levels your weapon attacks should be your main source of damage. As your magicka pool is so small you should be using it for utility. The one exception is Mage's Fury from storm calling which you want to execute enemies once they are at 20% health or below.

From dark magic, consider encase to stop melee from getting too close. Storm calling Mage's fury (as above) and perhaps lightning form to increase your armour and spell resistance.

Also consider getting a summon to help level your Daedric Summoning tree. Remember there is a command you can use to tell your summons to attack a target without you needing to attack first. This means you can have them tank a target while you stand back and DPS. Daedric Summoning also provides some important survivability skills for sorcs at higher levels.

Are you leveling any crafts? I'd recommend at least researching 3 traits on a few light armour pieces to allow you to create your own crafted set of gear. Namely the Seducer's set. Check the link below for set crating locations, but remember you need to have researched enough traits for a armour piece to make it.

http://http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations
    Edited by Tadhg_Longhouse on June 13, 2015 1:57AM
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Babo-Sekki
    Thank you so much!
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The key thing at low levels, especially if it is your first run, is to try everything. Running heavy armor on a sorc at low level isn't necessarily a bad thing. Keeping a skill you don't use on your action bar can be good as it helps you level the line anyway (as long as you have that extra room for it). Experiment, don't worry about messing up because once you hit the Veteran Ranks I guarentee you will respec all of it anyway.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Babo-Sekki
    thank you. Also is there a way for me to reset the stats/skillls?
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    There are shrines in your faction capital (Elden Root, Wayrest, Mournhold) that allow you to reset your skills and stats for a cost per point. So the more points you've allocated the more it will cost to reset.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion