The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - Day One in Tamriel"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - Day One in Tamriel."

Don't miss our latest video taking you through character creation, questing, and everything you need to prepare yourself for your first steps in Tamriel.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • tschoot
    tschoot
    I've heard the crown store wi be updated tomorrow on console is this true?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not specific to the video, but I am wondering how many commercials they are required to do per contract with Microsoft. :smile:

Specific to the video, I did have one question. The video encourages people to group together and share the rewards, but if I recall, after 2 people, the XP goes down. Maybe not with formal groups, but definitely when others are around in the same place. Right now, in PS4 land, every time I kill something, there are like 20 people there with me. Ok, maybe not 20, but I am definitely not alone and there are usually more than 2 of us. Do we still lose XP as the number of people goes up?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Greg
    Greg
    ✭✭✭
    At 1:56 in the video their is something on the mages back what is it?
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the picture and the video there's a new kind of leopard mount. Isn't it? Will this be coming to Crown Store soon? :smiley:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Frestil
    Frestil
    Soul Shriven
    I believe the narrator got "race" and "class" confused
    For the Queen!
  • Robbie575
    Robbie575
    ✭✭✭
    I want a tiger mount!!! Or the black panther that was available a while back!
    Xbox One NA server:
    Bayley Saur: Bosmer, Templar (AD)
    Constantine Mxyzptlk : Altmer, Sorcerer (EP)
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great intro, it will be very helpful to new players to get a very quick over view of the game / MMOs (I am far far from being a new player -- lol)
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not specific to the video, but I am wondering how many commercials they are required to do per contract with Microsoft. :smile:

Specific to the video, I did have one question. The video encourages people to group together and share the rewards, but if I recall, after 2 people, the XP goes down. Maybe not with formal groups, but definitely when others are around in the same place. Right now, in PS4 land, every time I kill something, there are like 20 people there with me. Ok, maybe not 20, but I am definitely not alone and there are usually more than 2 of us. Do we still lose XP as the number of people goes up?

How I hate the "2 man group rule" It is so stupid!!!! :#

I have been told this by other players before -- not so many words, but the point is the same:

"You can't join our group, because we are greedy *** and want all the XP to ourselves. We don't care to help our fellow ESO players, because we are greedy and want the XP -- all of it. Now go screw yourself, noob"

Some people would not like to help and others are like this because of the 2 man rule. Why can't ZOS make it a "4 man rule?" A standard dungeon is design with 4 players in mind, why can't be the same above ground groups? I mean, after 4 poeple then will be the XP reduction. Why did ZOS start such a bad XP reduction after 2 players instead of 4 players? I just don't understand the logic of it.

I still help people out, even it cost me some XP because of the 2 man rule. Also, I see someone opening a chest or getting a node before I beat them there. I will let them have it. (if I beat them there 1st, then I will take it.) Unlike some other players, I will not "steal" your chest if fault to open it on the 1st try.

Don't get me wrong! They are some really awesome people (other players) in ESO. However, it only take one or two bad apples to ruin one's day.

• VeronicaStormborn
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    In the picture and the video there's a new kind of leopard mount. Isn't it? Will this be coming to Crown Store soon? :smiley:

That looks like the Clouded Senche-Leopard, which will hopefully be released soon. I presume it will cost 2500 Crowns, as have the senche-leopards before it.

My in-game name is @ VeronicaStormborn

May all your hits be crits and all your loot epics!
  • VeronicaStormborn
    I attempted to attach a photo to the previous post. It does not seem to have worked, so here is the link:

http://tinypic.com/r/1q4975/8
    My in-game name is @ VeronicaStormborn

May all your hits be crits and all your loot epics!