Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game crashing during loading screens (PS4 app corrupt message)

pecheckler
pecheckler
✭✭✭✭✭
Game crashing during loading screens (PS4 app corrupt message). Happens on average once for about every 4 or 5 loading screens. The PS4 application crash error tells me to delete the game from the library and redownload it. But the game is so large I cannot bring myself to do that. How can I repair the client?
End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Tickturd
    Tickturd
    Soul Shriven
    The same thing happened to me, but I could never get past the character select screen. One of the many times this happened I finally got an error code. I looked up the error code on PSN, the final solution to this was to go to the PS4 settings and do the "quick initialization option". This resets the entire system to default settings and wipes everything off your PS4 except its basic apps as if you had just bought the PS4. If you don't have an external storage device, use the online storage option in settings. Upload only the game save files and profile settings, you have a limited amount of online storage you can upload. Follow the "initialize" instructions, do not do the full one, choose the quick one. After this process log into PSN and re install the games or apps that apply to the profile setting/game save files you uploaded to online storage.
    example.....I uploaded my Witcher 3 setting file and saves before doing the "initialize" process. This process deletes the game. After the process, I reinstalled Witcher 3, then downloaded the settings file and save files for Witcher 3 from the online storage. After all this I've never had that App corrupt issue again. My only issue is the sometimes long log in queue, but that's on Zenimax's end. hope this helps.