Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Couple PS4 questions

abuniffpreub18_ESO
abuniffpreub18_ESO
✭✭✭
I read some reviews about upgrading to a 2TB hard drive improved performance and speed. I thought this might help with some of the lag. I don't have a terrible amount of lag but anything that helps I'm willing to try. Any body here upgraded and did it help.

Also on crafting. With the PC version of the game after you finish your daily quest you can bring up the map and it will show you where to take it to turn it in. How do you do this with the PS4. Luckily I did the quests before the copy to console so I knew where they went but they do change locations occasionally.

Thanks for any help

Best Answers

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at your quest journal it should tell you what town to drop it off. I'm maxxed so for my console one it always says Betnikh (Crag), but lower level ones should name the town.

As well, you could make the writ you focused quest and then zoom out on the world map and look around (maybe need to zoom in on each zone), should be able to see a quest marker. The town changes once you get the next tier or writ (level up the crafting). It will always be in one of your alliance zones (normally main city in each zone), Cold harbour, or Craglorn.

Let me know if this works. If it doesn't I'll do a writ on one of my non-crafters and try to figure it out.
    Edited by MissBizz on June 12, 2015 5:14PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • Barred
    Barred
    Soul Shriven
    I have a 1Tb Hybrid 7200rpm and have no loading lag once I am in the game. As I have never started the game from scratch on the standard drive I can't say how much faster it is going from the dashboard to playing, all I know is that if the server is behaving it is about a minute to start playing.

The Hybrid is working fine with no heat problems, I say this as Sony does not endorse 7200rpm nor Hybrid Drives.
    Answer ✓
  • Barred
    Barred
    Soul Shriven
    Barred wrote: »
    I have a 1Tb Hybrid 7200rpm and have no loading lag once I am in the game. As I have never started the game from scratch on the standard drive I can't say how much faster it is going from the dashboard to playing, all I know is that if the server is behaving it is about a minute to start playing.

The Hybrid is working fine with no heat problems, I say this as Sony does not endorse 7200rpm nor Hybrid Drives.

Ok, thanks. This is the one I was looking at:
    http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SPS4H5S2.0/

Looks good.
    Answer ✓
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    If you look at your quest journal it should tell you what town to drop it off. I'm maxxed so for my console one it always says Betnikh (Crag), but lower level ones should name the town.

As well, you could make the writ you focused quest and then zoom out on the world map and look around (maybe need to zoom in on each zone), should be able to see a quest marker. The town changes once you get the next tier or writ (level up the crafting). It will always be in one of your alliance zones (normally main city in each zone), Cold harbour, or Craglorn.

Let me know if this works. If it doesn't I'll do a writ on one of my non-crafters and try to figure it out.

I'll check the quest journal next time. I was busy checking the map and didn't read the quest that close. I knew where it went but there was no marker on the map. When I do the quests tomorrow I will check the journal a little more carefully.

I'm trying to learn the PS4 so I expect to miss some stuff at first. I'm hoping they will get the 3 and 6 month ESO+ up soon. The one month is sort of a waste.

Oh! But be warned, it will name the town, but not the zone IIRC.. so if you don't recognize the name you may want to google it..
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Barred wrote: »

Ok, thanks. This is the one I was looking at:
    http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SPS4H5S2.0/
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I'll check the quest journal next time. I was busy checking the map and didn't read the quest that close. I knew where it went but there was no marker on the map. When I do the quests tomorrow I will check the journal a little more carefully.

I'm trying to learn the PS4 so I expect to miss some stuff at first. I'm hoping they will get the 3 and 6 month ESO+ up soon. The one month is sort of a waste.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, by the way, I play on a stock PS4 and have no lag/fps issues when in the empty vet zones.. none in Cyrodiil... just in the starter zones (and not a whole bunch of lad/fps issues) so not sure if it would help, could be the server. (I'm also hardwired, no wifi)
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, by the way, I play on a stock PS4 and have no lag/fps issues when in the empty vet zones.. none in Cyrodiil... just in the starter zones (and not a whole bunch of lad/fps issues) so not sure if it would help, could be the server. (I'm also hardwired, no wifi)

Same here. Stock right now but if I can improve things with a bigger HD I'll do it. Also not much lag and also hardwired. I'm retired and live alone so ESO keeps me out of trouble :).