The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My mages wrath for my character has never progressed beyond level one. Has this issue been resolved?

NightWynn
NightWynn
Soul Shriven
I use this skill regularly And it is in my action bar. The progression has never passed beyond the w in wrath. I like this skill but I am at a loss as to why it is not leveling when I am using it like the rest of my skills. Can someone please let me know what is being done about this. I sent an in game help and never received an answer.
  • Firaithel
    Firaithel
    ✭✭
    Hi @NightWynn

Unlike in Skyrim skills don't level up by using them, they level up by gaining experience. The biggest boost you can get for this will to keep the skill in your action bar, whilst doing quests.

Also unfortunately skills such as "Mages Wrath" level a lot slower as they are classed as morphed skills whereas un-morphed skills level up a lot quicker. To max this skill it will take a very long time such as "Tens of character levels".

I hope this helps! :)
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    In class and weapon skill lines the base skills level up very fast with varying amounts depending the tier, Mage's Fury requires much less xp before it can be morphed while Bolt Escape which is the last skill in Storm Calling will take quite a bit more xp before you can morph it. All morphs require a significant amount of xp to max out compared to the base skill, and unless I'm mistaken they all require equal amounts from rank 1-4 regardless of tier. Say if you morphed Mage's Fury at level 5, you would be in your 30's before it reached rank 4.
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
  • NightWynn
    NightWynn
    Soul Shriven
    I understand how the leveling of skills work. I have morphed other skills and levied them up. I am saying that my mages wrath has never left my action bar and is still only tank one. It has never progressed beyond a level one skill
  • NightWynn
    NightWynn
    Soul Shriven
    Rank one. Stupid phone keeps correcting me.
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    What lvl is your Sorcerer?
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
  • NightWynn
    NightWynn
    Soul Shriven
    Currently he is level 11. I have had mages wrath equiped and it has never moved the progression bar on that skill beyond the W in wrath.
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of xp you get at lvl 11 will barely move the xp bar of a morphed skill, mid 30's is when you can expect to reach max rank if you keep it on your bar at all times. Not saying it's not a bug though, a quick google showed results mentioning the same issue some time ago.
  • NightWynn
    NightWynn
    Soul Shriven
    I googled before I posted this. I am just concerned that it hasn't moved at all and I have completed 40 or so quests in the past two days and haven't seen it budge. I have contacted in game help and have yet to receive an answer. I don't know of I should call customer support or respec and see if that fixes it.