Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ZOS Is ESO Plus 10% exp working? Please read.

Porska
Porska
✭✭
My friend and I our in a group leveling on PS4, he has PS Plus subscription and I do not. We complete everything 100% per zone TOGETHER prior to moving to the place. After getting lorebooks and skyshards in Stonefalls and completing 50% of Deshaan we are both level 22 and he is maybe 1/4 of a level ahead of me. To me this doesn't appear to be 10% exp bonus and if it is how does it work?

We also have rings of Mara but who knows if this even works, its a guessing game with most things I have noticed......perhaps this is intended?

So does ESO Plus +10% exp work?
How do I know Rings of Mara work?
Does being in a group increase exp and how much......how do I know this works?

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it does work, but it can only be seen if you skip 10% of the content. The reason is that the game gives less xp for kills and quests if you are doing content below your level and gives extra xp when doing content above your level. So while the xp booster will put him ahead of you, the less xp he gets for doing the same thing while ahead, will push him back to you. You do the same, cause when you do content above your level you get more xp when you are a level below him.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Porska
    Porska
    ✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    Yes it does work, but it can only be seen if you skip 10% of the content. The reason is that the game gives less xp for kills and quests if you are doing content below your level and gives extra xp when doing content above your level. So while the xp booster will put him ahead of you, the less xp he gets for doing the same thing while ahead, will push him back to you. You do the same, cause when you do content above your level you get more xp when you are a level below him.

So you are telling me for the brief 10 minutes he levels ahead of me it completely negates the 10% exp bonus for him? For example: He is usually 1/8-1/4 level ahead of me on the exp bar as we level. He dings level 20 and Im level 19, 10 minutes later I ding 20.

Your logic adds up IF I were like 5 levels ahead of him, but this is not the answer I am looking for.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not far out, I don't think. In the 20s, if you were getting exactly the same amount of XP as each other, and he was then getting 10% more, he would be about 3/4 of a level ahead of you. (Comparatively, when you hit 40, he should be 41 and half way to 42.)

To comment on Ranique's post, he doesn't get less XP if you're doing the same content and are within five levels of it. Completing a Level 15 quest or killing a Level 15 enemy at Level 14 gives the same XP as completing that quest or killing that enemy at Level 12 or Level 20.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also get more Exp as a Duo than going single, so your essentially at ESO Plus rates when your grouped with one other.

The other thing to look at is, the Exp Points needed at lower levels is much smaller than at higher levels. So the differences would be less. You are also looking at things from an overall standpoint. What you need to do is, you each kill one thing, then look at your experience gained for that kill. It could just be that he is not killing as many things as you are.

Now, the Rings of Mara, you pick a player to marry, and when you are on together, and in the same area, you get the bonus. But, you are married to this person forever, even if they leave the game. Choose carefully, there is no divorce.

I never did the ring thing as it's too easy to over level content as it is now.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"