The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to start a dungeon ?????????

dylan_charles1
dylan_charles1
Soul Shriven
i have 3 other friends with me in a group but i don't know how to start a dungeon and when i go group find or whatever they say party is already full for this location how do i start one ???
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You walk into one or if discovered you can teleport to it
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options
  • dylan_charles1
    dylan_charles1
    Soul Shriven
    aww okay so must not of found on yet then shattered
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You enter it?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to find the dungeons is to join the NPC guild called the Undaunted. There's a recruiter in your faction's starter city who will give you the quest "One of the Undaunted". In Vulkhel Guard (Aldmeri Dominion), it's Turuk Redclaws; in Daggerfall (Daggerfall Covenant), it's Mighty Mordra, and in Davon's Watch (Ebonheart Pact) it's Kailstig the Axe.

They will give you a quest to go to a particular dungeon:
    Aldmeri Dominion: The Banished Cells (Auridon)
    Daggerfall Covenant: Spindleclutch (Glenumbra)
    Ebonheart Pact: Fungal Grotto (Stonefalls)

Once you have entered the dungeon, you can either start the dungeon quest then and there, or return to your quest giver to end this recruitment quest and go back later. Since you have already been there, it is possible to port into that dungeon from a Wayshrine at any time from then on. When the quest is over, talk to the other Undaunted members in the tavern to get the other dungeons for your level added to your Wayshrines map.

Every time you enter a new zone after that, look for the members of the Undaunted in that zone's main city to get the locations for the next round of dungeons.

For more info, see the UESP pages on Undaunted and Group Dungeons.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • dylan_charles1
    dylan_charles1
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah i found it thanks for the help everyone :)
    Options
  • Ozman79
    Ozman79
    Soul Shriven
    Just out of interest; is it possible to walk into a dungeon like Spindleclutch on your own and solo it? Assuming you are powerful enough, that is.

I've played a few MMOs and am a bit of a Lone Wolf player. I enjoy trying to solo group content wherever possible.
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozman79 wrote: »
    Just out of interest; is it possible to walk into a dungeon like Spindleclutch on your own and solo it? Assuming you are powerful enough, that is.

I've played a few MMOs and am a bit of a Lone Wolf player. I enjoy trying to solo group content wherever possible.

Yes, but it will be very difficult now that the dungeons scale to the leader or in solo case the person who enters it. Back in the days before scaling one could way out level the dungeon and solo it easily.
    Options
  • Ozman79
    Ozman79
    Soul Shriven
    Cool, thatnks for the infor Syntse. :smile:

Do any of the dungeons have mechanics that require more than one person to complete? Like hitting multiple switches simultaneously or multiple paths that split the group?
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozman79 wrote: »
    Cool, thatnks for the infor Syntse. :smile:

Do any of the dungeons have mechanics that require more than one person to complete? Like hitting multiple switches simultaneously or multiple paths that split the group?

One or two has something like that. Eg. stand on 2 separate plates to open door. But still it leaves over 10 dungeons to explore without any group actions needed.
    Options
  • Ozman79
    Ozman79
    Soul Shriven
    Great stuff, thanks again.