The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4- Can the Imperial Edition only be accessed by one user on the same system?

TheLegendOfAbe
My brother and I both pitched in the buy the Imperial Edition and we decided to buy it on his account. He started playing first, and received all the benefits that the pack included. However when I accessed the game, none of the content from the Explorer or Imperial packs where available to me at all. Are the benefits from the packs not granted to all players on one PS4 system? I suppose the perks where not game changing but they were perks nonetheless. It is also worth noting that we purchased the game through download, not disc, through my brother'c account.
  • xeneblaze
    xeneblaze
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone who bought that version on another persons account just like you and she is having the same issue. She has contacted Zenimax by email and phone but still no resolution as yet.
    GuildMaster of Wolves of Destiny
    A fun, social, safe-gaming guild - add Xene68 on PSN with a short message if you would like to join!
    Options
  • TheLegendOfAbe
    Is anyone actually receiving technical support here? It seems like it is just other players responding. Then again, the game has been out for a day, I guess they deserve some slack.
    Options
  • Cicopico
    Cicopico
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem... I bought the imperial edition with my USA PS4 account because I'm in USA for some months but I always play all the games with my Italian PS4 account. All my games previously purchased in USA works perfectly with my Italian account also the season pass and their dlc.

Before purchasing the imperial edition I wrote to the ufficial support to ask if there are problems buying with the USA account but playing with the Italian account because I want to play with my Italian friends. They answered no problem, no conflict or limitation between USA and Europe PS4 versions, they explained me many other limitations in the use of the imperial items (telling me only just the first character created for each server can have the items)... in many emails they tell me many things so trusting them I bought the pre order imperial edition in USA PS4 store.
    Now my imperial edition works perfectly with the USA account, but if I try to play with my Italian account the game runs in standard mode, no imperial race, no imperial items, no possibility to choice any race for any alliance... this is not imperial edition... I wrote them many emails before buying the game they sure me no problem with imperial edition and my Italian account, they told me many things but they "forgot" to the me the most important limitation that let me lose the imperial edition for my Italian account... this limitation is not written in the game description, no where they write the secondary account of the PS4 will lose the imperial edition... I fill deceived, I write to have support asking the activation of the imperial items in my Italian account, if they will not solve this problem I'll never buy a Bethesda game anymore and I'll discourage all my friends from buying the game... they are not correct!
    Options
  • TheLegendOfAbe
    Well, I found the answer- https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29758/kw/Imperial Edition. The Imperial Edition perks register and lock onto one account, not to the console. As for your Italian Server problem- https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28013/kw/Imperial Edition . Looks like they lied to you, you have to buy the content on the server you wish to play on. They were really deceitful with the specifics of this, we should consider petitioning for them to change it to Console availability and cross server availability. I understand they want to prevent people from just making multiple accounts and selling off the perks but this is a terrible and unfair way to stop that.
    Options
  • TheLegendOfAbe
    I also found this- https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4985/kw/Imperial Edition. You didn't necessarily lose the Imperial Edition for second character, just all the items (leaving you with only the Imperial race). They expect you to tranfer the items through the bank to use them on the new character. I can really see that they don't want peoplebto give away or endlessly sellvyhe items; however, it would be just as efficient and incredibly fairer to simply mark the Imperial Edition items as untradeable and make them sell for no gold.
    Options
  • Cicopico
    Cicopico
    Soul Shriven
    As you can read the page https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29758/kw/Imperial%20Edition was update on 09June 2015 AFTER I PURCHASED the imperial edition... before this it was not explained.
    No one in the 6 emails I received from the support service told me that my Italian account can't use the imperial race and items because I bought the imperial edition with my other USA account... but they told me that just the first character crested in each server can have the imperial items so they not explained me ALL the limitations.

I asked them to activate the imperial edition for my Italian account or to charge free crowns to allow nd to buy it in the shop... or also to delete the imperial pack for my USA account... I don't want 2 imperial packs I only want to buy the imperial pack with my Italian account no metter how they make it

They do not answer me yet... they are losing all my support with my friends, many of them are asking me about the game because I'm one of the first to buy it in my friend list (about 100 friends) and I'm telling them what this is not a serious way to manage a problem and client... many friends are changing idea about buying the game.
    Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is your login for your Italian account exactly the same as your US account ? (ie same account just switching megaservers or actually different accounts ... doesn't matter if its the same PSN account) ... if they are different ESO log ins you are not and never going to get a duplication across two ESO accounts.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options
  • Cicopico
    Cicopico
    Soul Shriven
    I don't understand your answer... sorry, please explain it better
    Thanks
    Edited by Cicopico on June 11, 2015 6:00AM
    Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have different log in names and passwords for your Italian account and US account ?

If you do that means you have two different ESO accounts ... you can't duplicate your Imperial Edition purchase across two different ESO accounts.
    Edited by OzJohnD on June 11, 2015 5:57AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Options
  • Cicopico
    Cicopico
    Soul Shriven
    It's evident you can't link two psn accounts with the same ESO account and PSN id must be unique worldwide so obviously you must have 2 different eso accounts but this is not a problem because IF they want to solve my problem they can... disable imperial for my USA PSN account and able for my Italian account... I don't want 2 imperial edition I only want to play only with my Italian account
    Edited by Cicopico on June 11, 2015 6:05AM
    Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have already activated the Imperial on your US account it is locked to your US account ... I don't know if you can have your Imperial edition removed from your US account so it can be used on your Italian account. Someone from ESO customer support will have to answer that.

Options
  • TheLegendOfAbe
    Perhaps you can show them the false information they gave you if it was through email. This and persistence may be enough for them to refund you for the Imperial Edition or give you the crowns to get it again.
    Options
  • Cicopico
    Cicopico
    Soul Shriven
    The first account I used to log the game was the Italian because I play only with it, I saw the imperial race was not available and then I logged the PSN USA account and checked the imperial is available, but not for Italian account.
    I haven't created any character with my PSN USA account... only login in the european server to see the imperial race can be select...
    Options
  • GooglyEyedDog
    GooglyEyedDog
    Soul Shriven
    I have been giving this link on various posts in the vain hope that it might help people, including myself.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/15/elder-scrolls-online-on-consoles-will-not-require-a-cd-key-hooray

They categorically state that the game is not code locked. They did not state that this only applied to the basic game. When I purchased the Imperial edition it was under the assumption that it was just an upgraded version of the game, nowhere did it state in the information given relating to the purchase that the Imperial version only applied to one account on a console. So they have code locked parts of the game exactly what they said they would not do.

I bought the Imperial Edition on an account that is only infrequently used and am unable to play with friends on the account I was actually going to use it on. Had I been aware of the situation I would have made the purchase on that account.

Despite numerous E- mails I have been unable to resolve the matter as yet. Way to go customer service at ESO !!!!!

Edited by GooglyEyedDog on June 11, 2015 8:19AM
    Options
  • Cicopico
    Cicopico
    Soul Shriven
    Last post is not a problem... the game runs with a secondary account if logged and the PS4 is set as principal for the primary account by which the imperial edition was bought, but the secondary account runs as standard edition without explorer and imperial pack you have paid in the imperial edition
    This limitation was not written anywhere before the day one (now there is a faq but it was updated on 09 June after we bought the game and discovered ourself this fraud), no one at support service (6 emails received before buying the game) told me about this limitation when I asked if the are problem buying with an account and playing with another account... they explain the limitation about use of servers with characters linked the server, about the imperial items available only for first character in each server but never told me the most important limitation that the secondary account do not have the explorer and imperial pack even if I clearly asking them about playing with a secondary account!

I bought the imperial edition trusting their support answers... otherwise I bought only the standard edition... a serious company should to solve immediately the limitation or refund the client, instead they are jeering us with premade emails and no solutions!
    Edited by Cicopico on June 12, 2015 1:18PM
    Options