Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is my position in Queue going backwards?

kawilliams82_ESO
kawilliams82_ESO
Soul Shriven
Imagine my surprise when I try to log in and I'm in position 18,300 something with an estimated wait time of 3.5 minutes, then about 10 seconds later I'm in position 100,000 something with a wait time of 1 second???? It keeps counting backwards until it reaches 450,666 and then it boots me telling me "login failed." Considering I have always been in queue lines that get smaller with time, I'm baffled. If I thought I could manage to get a refund for my digital copy, I would just do that instead of being here. I have always loved the Elder Scrolls series, and have suffered through many terrible MMO launches (they never seem to go smoothly), but this has been beyond ridiculous.
  • Trendsetterdsm
    My position jumps all over the place and stays at 1 second wait time, but it usually takes about 5-10 minutes. I actually just got in while typing this....... not sure whats going on but it's probably because people on the east coast are getting home and getting on to play now............ -__-
  • kawilliams82_ESO
    kawilliams82_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I thought the same thing at first, but mine continuously counts backwards, and as soon as it hits the number 450,666 in queue, I get booted out of line. It is always that number when I'm booted. Seemed odd to me, so I figured it had to be a bug or something. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one experiencing an odd wait in queue.
  • Trendsetterdsm
    Yeah hopefully it's just issues because it's just been released. Maybe it'll be resolved soon
  • PugnaciousMARC
    PugnaciousMARC
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem but my wait time is always 1 second. Though it takes more like 10 minutes. I have been booted off a total of 11 times since launch. Tonight played for half hour and tried to log back in for an hour. Skyrim was a great success and I had high hopes for this platform but I am very frustrated at this point.
  • flyinbodyparts
    flyinbodyparts
    Soul Shriven
    What's also irritating is when I finally get in with in less the 5 min I'm kicked back wtf
  • ardon1162
    ardon1162
    Soul Shriven
    Did you people not see this happening? We waited how many years for this game to come out and pay top dollar for it and now can't even get in to play it. Not pleased.

• Banky71
    Banky71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you call no cutsies?
    If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.

gamertag - xbone Banky71
  • ardon1162
    ardon1162
    Soul Shriven
    You people really botched this. That was the nicest word I could come up with. Did know one debug this thing before you released it. I have been playing elder scrolls on every platform since it was first released. Never had problems like this. Not happy.
  • MaxSterling
    Been trying to get on for over half an hour now. Truly ridiculous. It's BF4 all over again.
  • nickc332
    nickc332
    Soul Shriven
    I'm always having the one secound problem. I think it's just the amount of people trying to get on but come on this is just.
    Ridiculous. We all paid top dollar and can't even play the game. I've tried 13 times and haven't got on once. Come on Bethesda.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by Bouvin on June 10, 2015 11:16PM
  • Turv3y
    Turv3y
    I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and wait, it's going on 20 mins now. Going to cancel and retry as I type this now and still no, I am back in the queue 1000 spots lower than I was before oh and now I'm in randomly after waiting 20 mins and cancelling and starting again.... I'm in. (typed while doing this on my xbox)
  • Darkwolf1
    Darkwolf1
    Soul Shriven
    Glad to know i'm not the only one having this issue.twice now i have been in queue and just when it looks like i'm about to get in fist time get a message about make sure i have an account and the second time a message came up abot not being able to connect to game server and to make sure of my internet connection which is working.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like the Doomsday clock.

If it goes backwards, it's a good thing.

Going backwards saves you from lag and bugs. Be thankful :)
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont worry soon no one will be playing and you will be able to get right in
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • unhappycustomer
    unhappycustomer
    Soul Shriven
    $86.09 after tax... Are you kidding me? That's a lot of scratch only to stare at a queue screen for 30+ minutes. How do these companies get away with selling an unfinished product? Seriously though, I wouldn't have paid $20 for this game had I know the issues.
  • KreifGames
    im in a queue of 1,212,497

Really? 1 million and a quarter? Wtf did they release a game with a server so small that there is over a million in the queue? This is not fair, subscribers/members should not need a queue! We should have VIP access
  • twhiting9275
    because math = hard
    More importantly, noon CST, why the hell am I getting a queue?
    This is what happens when you have a game that's not fully tested before release.
  • jdubnona
    jdubnona
    Soul Shriven
    It's like a mobile phone game release except it's already been out for awhile on PC. I've gone from position 1 to position 1.2 million and back and forth until I finally get in only to get in a battle and have a bad Internet connection notice pop up and I get d/c. My Internet is fine.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Language]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on June 13, 2015 12:31AM
  • jdubnona
    jdubnona
    Soul Shriven
    How about this folks ... 1.5 million refunds demanded ... you think they'll get the game to work ASAP? Either that or have one of the largest lawsuits put against them in history.
  • icurehangovers
    Umm just so you know, for some reason the game shows you your queue position first with estimated time remaining. Then, it breaks (bug??) and shows you a huge number which I have been assuming is the number of people on the server at the time. 1, 406, 325 last time I saw. Then it'll show you a sensible number like 10, 232 and back and forth all while the smaller number gets smaller and the larger number gets larger. Estimated time goes to one second after the first time it shows and stays that way until you're logged in.

That's been my experience at least.
  • KreifGames
    In the end, it's an investment. More happy playing customers = more subscriptions and crowns

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing & Slanderous Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on June 13, 2015 12:15AM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

The issues with the queue are known and it is not properly displaying the wait time or your position. That said, you are still properly queued. More information can be found in the known issues thread here. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post