Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prophet Not Appearing?

Nathire
Nathire
✭✭
I recently created a new AD character and the prophet has yet to appear to start the main quest. Am I missing something simple? As of now, I'm level 11/12, have checked Vulkhel Guard and Khenarthi's Roost but cannot find him anywhere. The Harborage is still locked to me.
  • thatotherguy2789_ESO
    thatotherguy2789_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue. I am lvl 10 and havent gotten the main line quest yet.
  • Mettil
    Mettil
    Soul Shriven
    I am also having the same issue. Made an AD sorcerer a few days ago. I'm level 10 now and there's nothing for the main quest in my journal. The prophet never appeared. Harborage locked.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How odd... it should pop up as soon as you enter a city after reaching Level 5... (and then every 5 levels after). Maybe they changed the requirements in Update 6. @ZOS_TristanK any insights?
    Edited by Enodoc on March 10, 2015 12:12AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mettil
    Mettil
    Soul Shriven
    I created a support ticket after reading the suggested course of action was simply to log in and out to see if the prophet appears. Will post results to this thread.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reports, all! We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. We'll be sure to provide an update for you when we can and appreciate your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Rebbon
    Rebbon
    Thank you for the reports, all! We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. We'll be sure to provide an update for you when we can and appreciate your patience.

Oh wow, a response from someone at ZoS, it's a miracle!

Seriously tho, I've been at this crap for 3 days straight now, support has ignored me and the others completely, this is unacceptable.
    "Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." - Jean Rostand
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just found this in another thread:
    Glierhuin wrote: »
    Known issue. Prophet doesn't seem to appear if you skipped the tutorial. No solution currently
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Gesiah
    Gesiah

I was just about to uninstall due to the lack of response on this. Glad I don't have to!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Gina in another thread:
    Thanks guys! We actually were just able to repro this internally (turns out it doesn't happen to everyone every time). We'll work on fixing this for an upcoming patch.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to give you all a quick update. We're currently testing a fix for this issue, though it might not make it into the next patch. Definitely keep an eye on the patch notes and thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys - Patch Notes 2.0.3:
    • Soul Shriven in Coldharbour: Fixed an issue where you wouldn’t be granted the Soul Magic skill line or receive the first chapter of the Main Story when skipping the Wailing Prison. If you previously ran into this issue, please go back to the boat or house you started in.
  • ViolenceUndone
    Confirmed fixed, at least for me. Logged in at the Vulkel Guard stables on my templar and the Prophet was right in front of me as soon as I logged in.

EDIT: Thank you ZOS! I mean, it's about time, but I still appreciate the fix.
    Edited by ViolenceUndone on March 31, 2015 3:03PM
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD character main quest for Cadwell's almanac Silver
    eastmarch with objective:Skuldafn - reach the dragonshrine and stop Fildgor's vile plot.
    Quest Songs of Sovngarde is bugged for me.
    Quest step says 'enter the sovngarde' but i can't complete it because there isn't NPC near entrance of sovngarde who can grant me permission to enter. i simply can't see the NPC which should be there(according to youtube video guide for specific quest), i restarted game, client, abandoned quest still nothing...

please fix this( or grant my char permission to enter sovngarde...), this is progression stopping bug, ty in advance!
  • Puurp
    Puurp
    Soul Shriven
    I have a problem I am playing on the Xbox One in Khenarthi's Roost and none of the NPCs' are showing up so I can't do any quests. Is anyone else having this problem or know when or how to fix this?
  • jsymanowski
    jsymanowski
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issues in Bleakrock. None of the quest people are showing up. It shows there name with the talk option. No character and the option does nothing....... hELP
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPCs not turning up is a latency issue, and one that still happens on the PC servers in heavily populated areas. On PC, I would recommend /reloadui, but I don't know if there is a way to reload the UI on console.
  • Hlaadriel
    Hlaadriel
    ✭✭✭
    So basically all the bugs that we had on PC last year have also been successfully ported to XBONE and PS4? NICE and some people did not want to play on PC and waited for PS4 so that they could have a "bug free" experience...

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hlaadriel wrote: »
    So basically all the bugs that we had on PC last year have also been successfully ported to XBONE and PS4? NICE and some people did not want to play on PC and waited for PS4 so that they could have a "bug free" experience...
    Of course they have the same bugs, it's the same build of the game, just with a different UI. The only thing they can do to address character pop-in, if it's a latency issue, is specifically target latency, and that's an ongoing thing anyway.
  • barrymckoknher
    barrymckoknher
    Soul Shriven
    I'm at the waiting prison the door to the stairs is not open. So I can't even get to the prophet