Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Map Is Causing Confusion

Korah_Eaglecry
Korah_Eaglecry
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
The UI interaction when you go into your map is causing issues and turning people around when it comes to the direction theyre facing. Looking on the map. Is it possible to do something about the character turning around and screwing up your sense of direction when looking at the map?
Penniless Sellsword Company
Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ngillan
    ngillan
    On the map: up is North, down is South, left is East, and right is West. When looking at your compass (top of screen) these directions should be labeled by a N,S,E, and W.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ngillan wrote: »
    On the map: up is North, down is South, left is East, and right is West. When looking at your compass (top of screen) these directions should be labeled by a N,S,E, and W.

You know whats also a direction? Get out of my thread. Its that a way ->
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on June 11, 2015 6:18PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • redskins08ub17_ESO

LOL angry much? Mad cause you cannot properly navigate in game on console? I'd offer a suggestion on how to avoid that from happening, but now I think that I'll just LOL at your failed navigation attempts and complaints about how the map works.
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's pretty rude he was giving you good information.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, this was normal/good info. Additionally, your character does a 180° when you open Character Sheet, Inventory, Skills, etc.
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If it helps, set waypoints to get your bearing. For the Xbox it's done by pressing down on the right stick if I remember correctly.
    Edited by izenkim_ESO on June 11, 2015 7:09PM
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    The UI interaction when you go into your map is causing issues and turning people around when it comes to the direction theyre facing. Looking on the map. Is it possible to do something about the character turning around and screwing up your sense of direction when looking at the map?

I checked my map and it switches THE CAMERA to the direction your character is facing to avoid messing up your sense of direction. Your sense of direction can also never really be messed up because of those giant white letters on the compass that is in every Elder Scrolls Game. Just turn around again. Problem solved... unless you actually run off in that direction despite SEEING your camera turn.

A trivial matter.
    Edited by Gabriel_Froste on June 11, 2015 7:11PM
    Please Refer to my Blacksmith Manual
    Rambling Anti-Manual Manual
  • ZOS_Ann
    ZOS_Ann
    ✭✭
    We moved this thread to a more appropriate section of the forums. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Another example of "their way" making the game less than it should be.

As far as I am aware there is no option on Console to prevent this "turning around" when you access a game function like Inventory, Map, etc.

It is possible to do so on PC, but only through the use of an Add-On, which if I understand things correctly are not available to Console players.

I'd say persevere with it, it took me a few hours to get to used to it on PC, and by the time someone told me about the Add-On to stop it I was so used to it that it no longer bothered me.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never noticed it doing this (and definitely don't have an addon to stop it), but then I have no sense of direction in games anyway.

I always use the personal waypoint to keep track of where I want to go. Set it on top of whatever I'm heading towards and then turn until it appears on the compass.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Note to self: never help @Korah_Eaglecry with anything, because he doesn't deserve to be helped.

Note to you: don't be a ***.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)