Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Starter town

blackhammer2760
blackhammer2760
Soul Shriven
What is the starter town? Also what are some good tips for getting my blacksmithing level up higher? and any tips on how to make gold fast?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The starter town depends on which alliance you picked.

It's Daggerfall for the Daggerfall Covenant, Auridon for Aldmeri Dominion and Stonefalls for Ebonheart Pact.

The best way to get your blacksmithing level up is to deconstruct items, especially green items and any that give a bonus on deconstruction, and then use the materials to make new equipment. Also fulfilling crafting rits helps a lot but you can only do those once a day.

I'm not sure on the best way to make gold, I get most of mine from quests, but I'm sure there's faster ways.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • blackhammer2760
    blackhammer2760
    Soul Shriven
    This might sound like a dumb question but what are green items?
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Items come in 5 colours White, Green Blue, Purple and Yellow......

Signifying better quality as you go through the colours :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This might sound like a dumb question but what are green items?

So basic non-enhanced items are Grey/White.

Green items are the first tier of enchanted items.
    Then Blue, Purple and Gold.

You get more Craft XP from deconstructing a Green Item than you do for deconstructing an equivalent (in all other ways) White item. Green Items sometime also give you a Tier 1 Temper when you deconstruct them - there are used to improve White items to Green standard.

Blue, Purple, and Gold items can also drop Blue, Purple and Gold Tempers - but you might be better off selling items of that quality.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There is a faster way to level blacksmithing. Break down any items that you find. Then find a trusty friend to give those mats to. Have him make daggers as they are the cheapest to make. Then have him trade the dagger to you and break down the items he made. More experience per item. Rinse and repeat till you need more material.

To make gold you need to sell items that you find. You do get a lot questing but eventually the questing runs out as you did them all then all you can do is sell the drops to a vendor unless you find something , like a set piece, that is actually worth something. Stealing is a good way to make money, but the blue motifs do not sell very well or for very much. But as you progress higher into the game the purple and gold motifs ie: daedric and imperial) sell for much higher amounts. Eventually you will start doing content that drops gear pvp or trials) that sell very well also.
  • ZOS_ArtG
    Hello everyone,

We understand that you are looking for an answer on a couple of questions as a new champion within Tamriel and it does seem that there are quite a few other Tamrielic Heroes that love directing newer champions finding their way to achieving greatness. Moving forward and just in case anyone has any additional questions or even requires further clarification, we will be moving this discussion over to the Players Helping Players section.

Feel free to continue your discussion on this topic or even ask additional questions as we and our community will do our best to answer any questions that you may have.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easier way - find a good instanced stores with weapon and armor - steal everything, log out and log in not leaving the store instance - everything respawns so steal again. Full inventory? Deconstruct.