The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to keep Area Chat off

Kokurou
Kokurou
Soul Shriven
I already made a post about this in General DIscussion, I have been looking for a way to send an in-game bug report but there is none besides the Customer Service which, it's just easier to do here.

When you turn off Area Chat in one place and enter another, Area Chat turns itself back on. There's no way to keep it off, even if you don't have a mic plugged in. Kind of annoying.
  • LegendarySyn
    It's especially necessary on the consoles. Console players are notoriously awful at mic etiquette and having to listen to them by default should never happen. I've had horrible experiences all day with this. One kid was literally screaming into his mic to his father about leaving a door open and another time someone was using a mic and their TV speakers, so the feedback loop that created just about blew my speakers. You should also be muted by default unless you specifically go into your social settings and choose to be heard. This is almost as bad as a CoD lobby, and that's really saying something.
  • twhiting9275
    We most definitely need a way to turn it off permanently. This is probably THE single most annoying thing I've run into that's not a bug ;)

Unfortunately, this is typical for MMO's as well. Go from one area to another, the channels get turned back on, even if you've turned them off in the previous area.

We just need a global OFF button for chat.
  • FenrisTheWolf
    FenrisTheWolf
    Soul Shriven
    I agree, it would greatly improve the experience to have the area voice chat off by default so you do not have to listen to people yelling or having conversations you really would rather not listen to and have to keep turning the chat off again after you enter a new area.
    Main: Imperial DragonKnight Tank - Ebonheart Pact - Xbox One - NA
    Guilds: Fool's Errand & Wolves of Wraithwinter - Primary PvX | Serpent Raiders - Social