Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console voice chat dumb idea because...

SlyFox1979
SlyFox1979
✭✭
Thinking about it now why the hell does this game have voice chat only ?
think about it...PSN has its own voice chat system and it works for all games so why would ESO need its own in game voice chat at all ?
would've been better with text chat only and use PSN voice chat.
  • MadMontyMN
    Who wants to type chat messages on a console? I'd rather use the mic.
    "There will be a slight ringing in your ears. Fortunately, you'll be nowhere near them."
  • snazynismo
    snazynismo
    Soul Shriven
    More than likely it has something to do with proximity chat.....not sure if psn has that.
  • SlyFox1979
    SlyFox1979
    ✭✭
    MadMontyMN wrote: »
    Who wants to type chat messages on a console? I'd rather use the mic.

yeah but thats just my point you can use a mic already on PSN so why bother with in game voice chat when typing is a better option for that, the voice chat is good for partying up for stuff but not good for talking to everyone in the zone really.
  • SlyFox1979
    SlyFox1979
    ✭✭
    ^
  • Jornvir
    Jornvir
    Nothing bothered me more on the other free mmo on xb1 than seeing text chat fly by on my screen with repeated macros. Thanks, but no thanks to text chat. I personally love the proxi chat. It's more immersive in my opinion. Also, if PSN is similar to xb1 as far as party chat goes, there is a limit to how many people can be in the party. Again, I'll stick to proxi chat unless it's a time when I just want to play with 1 or 2 real life friends with no one else involved.

All the hate on the proxi chat.... I don't get it.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Hi everyone, as there are several threads on this topic, we are consolidating it to a single thread. Please remember that it’s fine to debate, disagree, or be critical – but it’s important to keep your posts civil and constructive.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.