The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Emote Menu" shown in Options control display doesn't actually bring up emote menu?

Cherry
Cherry
✭✭✭
It says in both control scheme templates that holding right on the D-pad opens the emote menu, but it just accesses the quickslots like holding up does. Were there ever meant to be emotes in the PS4 version and if so, how are they accessed? Either way, it looks like something needs to be changed here.

Best Answer

• MartyVendetta27
    Cherry wrote: »
    It says in both control scheme templates that holding right on the D-pad opens the emote menu, but it just accesses the quickslots like holding up does. Were there ever meant to be emotes in the PS4 version and if so, how are they accessed? Either way, it looks like something needs to be changed here.

well, you were halfway there. holding right opens up a radial menu that allows you to use emotes. however, because of the HUGE number of emotes, you actually have to assign some to that menu. to do this, pause the game, go to social>emotes then go through the menus, finding the ones you want quick access to and press square, which will allow you to assign it to one of the slots on the radial menu. do that with 8 different emotes, and you'll have all 8 ready for quick access.

You can't see me. You can't see me. Neither can he. No one can see me.
    Answer ✓
  • Cherry
    Cherry
    ✭✭✭
    Whoops. I thought I'd seen everything in the menus, but I guess I missed one! That'll teach me to go without sleep for a game, won't it? Thank you for answering my dumb question.
  • MartyVendetta27
    Cherry wrote: »
    Whoops. I thought I'd seen everything in the menus, but I guess I missed one! That'll teach me to go without sleep for a game, won't it? Thank you for answering my dumb question.

haha, no worries. I played through an embarrassing amount of Oblivion before realizing you had to sleep to level up. Not terribly long, but longer than I'm proud of haha. We all have those moments. : )

You can't see me. You can't see me. Neither can he. No one can see me.