The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are 3 faction campaigns over? (NA)

filmoretub17_ESO
filmoretub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Seems like eve since AD and DC abandoned Thornblade we have struggled to maintain a full 3 faction campaign. It moved over to Azura's star for a few days then over to Chilrend for almost 2 weeks. Now we are facing the same situations where one or more factions abandon a campaign they are losing for whatever reasons they now have. The current situation is reflecting a 2 faction campaign war in almost all of the current cyrodiil maps. So is 3 factions causing too much lag or do players just run away instead of struggling through good fights? Reguardless of the reasons this is a priority situation causing guilds to make tough decisions and not even have a home campaign. Its kinda sad cuz I can home in Chilrend then next week I have to switch campaigns because there's no more competition.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop switching campaigns just to get bonuses.

stay loyal.

Thornblade NA seems to be fine this time around. AD came back in drove, wipe anything that's red off the map. DC joined the party and those 2 seems to be having fun until last couple nights EP start joining in...

And before that, Chillrend is fine too with EP starting the underdog until finally came up on top.

Man, ZOS should penalized people for moving campaing, or allow it only once every 2 weeks, with 100k AP or 50k Gold cost or something.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night was the worst I have ever seen pvp. Dc had one bar in every vet campaign. Except maybe Chillrend where they peaked at 2 bars. BWB saw all 3 at 3 bars. But the vet campaigns? Abysmal. I fear the changes Wheeler is promising are too little too late for DC.
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

stay loyal.

Thornblade NA seems to be fine this time around. AD came back in drove, wipe anything that's red off the map. DC joined the party and those 2 seems to be having fun until last couple nights EP start joining in...

And before that, Chillrend is fine too with EP starting the underdog until finally came up on top.

Man, ZOS should penalized people for moving campaing, or allow it only once every 2 weeks, with 100k AP or 50k Gold cost or something.

How about people that change campaigns because they dont want to play in the zerg lag fest? Why should they be penalised?
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

stay loyal.

How about people that change campaigns because they dont want to play in the zerg lag fest? Why should they be penalised?

Blame it on lag all you want but fact is the winning faction never abandons the campaign its the ones who are losing.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

stay loyal.

Blame it on lag all you want but fact is the winning faction never abandons the campaign its the ones who are losing.

xWZPwTAh2wJfG.gif

Nonsense...folks are sick and tired of being lagged to death all the time. It gets old. I play this game to have fun, not be frustrated with a red ping, not able to even attack or use any skills or anything else.

im not the only one who feels this way either. It also isn't only Dc who feels this way either.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭

stay loyal.

There actually is a penalty for changing campaigns (ap cost and a lock out timer), which is the reasoning behind having a home and guest campaign. It has recently stated by Brain Wheeler that the use of travel to player to circumvent this system may receive some changes. ZOS statement at the link below.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1849352/#Comment_1849352
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They have to be careful how they handle it because not every answer will result in more players in cyrodiil.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what you are really describing is the AvA player population dying. Frankly, no surprise, just check other forum threads. People are:

1. Leaving one faction because they are tired of being overwhelmed by zergs. So, they create an alt and become part of the zerg. Its more fun to get SOME AP per hour than being killed 40 times an hour with no hope of getting much reward.
    2. Leaving AvA because they are tired of the lagfest that happens even without a zerg sometimes.
    3. Leaving the PC game because of console release, hoping said lag and zergs wont be there. (Sorry guys, the zergers and the lag will follow you.)
    4. Leaving ESOTU all together, because they are totally bored with doing the same dang things over and over every day.
    5. Finding other games to play, like Witcher 3, or even heading back to get thier Skyrim fix, because of point 4.
    6. Its summertime in the US. Historically in other games I have played, the adult population drops, because they get busy with kids and summertime activities. On the other hand, kids have MORE time to play, but most of them have no interest in AvA, just the PVE content.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think servers can handle a 3 faction war like ZOS advertised it.

Take chillrend for example. Most of the ex thornbladers went there and its the same thing all over again with people lagging all over the place and blobs going head to head.

And now that Thornblade has all this attention guilds are gonna flock back to it and cause the same lag issues. Its only a matter of time.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I said this earlier today in another thread:

"It's funny - those of us on the EP side not in the elite guilds feel as though it's AD that's not wanting to play with others. ;)

Our perception is that AD either wants to dominate or not play at all. Of course, my take on things could be absolutely wrong. I dunno what the solution is but as an EP player the last place I want to be is in an entirely red campaign."

I don't think its the lag, I wonder if it's an ego thing : Do people just want to focus on having buff server or just want to stop playing when they might "lose"? I find an all red map completely boring myself.
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said this earlier today in another thread:

"It's funny - those of us on the EP side not in the elite guilds feel as though it's AD that's not wanting to play with others. ;)

Our perception is that AD either wants to dominate or not play at all. Of course, my take on things could be absolutely wrong. I dunno what the solution is but as an EP player the last place I want to be is in an entirely red campaign."

I don't think its the lag, I wonder if it's an ego thing : Do people just want to focus on having buff server or just want to stop playing when they might "lose"? I find an all red map completely boring myself.

AD is only in it for the buffs. Multiple AD players on TB, AD have said this through in game chats. Honestly it's incredibly sad that they have to pop lock against 2bar DC.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

stay loyal.

I know that whole guilds are abandoning the campaign as soon as it is "over populated". And this in the situation that they won/ were winning it. As fun as it sounds to have a large population it gets very boring if there is a "zerg" everywhere you look for a fight. You try to be sneaky and ninja capture an enemy with a small group only to realize that you can´t because everyone wants to do the same. AP wise too many friendlies isn´t a good thing. Then again if only we played without lag.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.