The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Have login/lag/kicked from server issues been resolved yet?

Bloodgharm
Bloodgharm
✭✭✭
So I preordered ESO for my X1 and tried to login yesterday evening after work. After about 30 mins trying to log and failing, I finally got in, created my character and started playing.
I got through the opening Cold harbour area and into the main city of my faction, but there I was bombarded with lag issues, framers drops, crashes and boots from the server.
I know ZOS has been working on a fix, but can anyone who's playing on the X1 NA server tell me if some or most of the issues have been resolved? I'd really like to get on and play after work today. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Occo
    Occo
    Soul Shriven
    I am still getting lag constantly and crashes. It is playable, but it still has issues that have not been resolved as of yet.
    Answer ✓
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After Console is Released™

Oh wait...

Maybe..

After Fallout 4 is Released™
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't speaking in general nor do I need a snarky, hyperbolic answer. I'm just trying to find out if the launch day server issues from the flood of new players is over and if the game is playable again...
  • Tmtcrazyhorse
    Tmtcrazyhorse
    Soul Shriven
    The game is unplayable for me. I engage any enemy and it kills me before I can even see it let alone attack it. Lag is so severe. And I have a 50 M connection
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodgharm wrote: »
    I wasn't speaking in general nor do I need a snarky, hyperbolic answer. I'm just trying to find out if the launch day server issues from the flood of new players is over and if the game is playable again...

Sorry.. it's just that PC players have been so used to hearing "We'll fix it after console is released" for the past 7 months.. that when we see the massive amount of issues on consoles it's a bit disheartening.
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »

Sorry.. it's just that PC players have been so used to hearing "We'll fix it after console is released" for the past 7 months.. that when we see the massive amount of issues on consoles it's a bit disheartening.

You're telling me. I know there are usually issues with the launch of an online game, but the sheer number of problems I've experienced so far have made the game unplayable and has kinda put me off. I hope they can clear up the glaring issues in a timely manner.
  • GODMODE
    GODMODE
    i was able to play on my lunch break for about an hour. i did have some issues last night but after trying a few times it went through. it all really depends on the volume of players at the time you are trying to login. if it's at peak hours then you will probably have to try more than once. it all really depends cause i wasnt having issues logging in 30 minutes ago but last night at midnight i would have to try connecting 3-5 times before getting in.
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    GODMODE wrote: »
    i was able to play on my lunch break for about an hour. i did have some issues last night but after trying a few times it went through. it all really depends on the volume of players at the time you are trying to login. if it's at peak hours then you will probably have to try more than once. it all really depends cause i wasnt having issues logging in 30 minutes ago but last night at midnight i would have to try connecting 3-5 times before getting in.

I figured as much with the peak playing times issue. The problem with that is I work the typical 9-5, so I guess I'll have to wait for my days off to get on when the servers are less busy. This also sucks because I'll be going outta town this weekend, so I won't have a chance to really get on for more than an hour at a time until next weekend.
  • GODMODE
    GODMODE
    I figured as much with the peak playing times issue. The problem with that is I work the typical 9-5, so I guess I'll have to wait for my days off to get on when the servers are less busy. This also sucks because I'll be going outta town this weekend, so I won't have a chance to really get on for more than an hour at a time until next weekend.

i work 9-5:30 est lol but honestly it hasnt been a problem for me since the midnight release debacle. if you try a few times to get in, you'll definitely get connected to NA. i had to log in about 3-4 times yesterday since i had things to do and it worked every single time with the later hours (11PM+) taking a few more tries. it was MUCH worse for games like archeage at release where you had to wait in queues for 5 hours to even connect to the login server.. i dont think we have it that bad here at least
    Edited by GODMODE on June 10, 2015 7:51PM