The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 EU server LAG, FPS drops, Stuttering

treyu86
treyu86
Something is bad with the server. I don't know if it happens too with NA. Every now and then, but very frequently, you get like a lag spike or fps drop, that makes the game feel not fluid. It happens just from the begining of the game in the tutorial area coldharbour and also at the world map. I think performance is not very good, I doubt we are having 30 fps constantly but we are having moments of 10-15 fps but I don't know why.

Are ESO Devs aware of this? I have not seen anything from them relating this issue on the forums...
  • jgfuntime
    jgfuntime
    It's happening on NA side of things too. To put a time on it about 9:30 CST US is when I first noticed it on my end. Maybe everyone woke up and logged in idk? I hope it gets sorted soon as the qol of this game is in the toilet when it lags this bad.
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    Wow even on consoles FPS drops is an issue!? Get used to it guys, that happens a LOT on the PC version...
  • kasperblombergb16_ESO
    kasperblombergb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Wow even on consoles FPS drops is an issue!? Get used to it guys, that happens a LOT on the PC version...

Not like this... It's horrible spikes and FPS drops
  • kasperblombergb16_ESO
    kasperblombergb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I hope they are aware of it, cous I can not handle playing it like that. But I'm sure they will fix it at some point :)
    Edited by kasperblombergb16_ESO on June 9, 2015 8:15PM
  • loupokamib14_ESO
    loupokamib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I play on PC and I've never had FPS spikes. Even since launch. I'm playing the PS4 version right now and it's video lag every time I run. This is awful.

• Fhaerron
    Fhaerron
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of FPS drops especially in towns or when running full speed with a mount but happens frequently in other areas (non towns) as well, combat is really annoying when playing with 15 FPS.

This does NOT happen on PC. On PC there are lag spikes and FPS drops while in towns and Cyrodiil but the other areas (non towns) are always 60 FPS when fighting mobs.

I actually tested it just now on PS4 when running around in the DC town, usually every 5 - 8 seconds there is an FPS drop to ridiculously low FPS (I'm guessing somewhere around 10) for +4 seconds.
    This really is unacceptable ...

Specially when knowing games like Destiny, FarCry4, The Crew etc almost never have FPS drops and stay locked @ 30 FPS.
  • thumbscrews
    thumbscrews
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, it's absolutely terrible on the NA server too.
  • Molsondry
    Molsondry
    ✭✭✭
    Dont worry they let there game broken for over a year for the pc. So expect them to fix this soonTM(never) like they said for pc.
    v9 Sorcerer
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag in ESO , even in consoles...who would expect that of a ZOS product?
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear console player, don't you worry... bugs and lags will all be fixed after PC launch is over and Z has free capacities again.
    Ehm... wait a minute. Nevermind. o:)
  • bburnett
    bburnett
    I was having same issue on NA Servers NPC were black shadows couldn't interact screen going blank every 5-10 secs consistently regardless of where you the frame rate drops are consistent and steep
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    It will fix itself when everyone starts leaving the game...
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2f9.jpg

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    Solution to lag = spread out or stop playing djeeze
  • grandpaeyebrows17
    grandpaeyebrows17
    Soul Shriven
    Same here kinda takes you out of the combat feel. One minute your attacking from ranged , the next second the enemy is in front of you and your down to half life