The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Npc disappearing

imapogostick
imapogostick
✭✭
Can't even play the first character to talk to you is invisible and you can't talk to her. I've had to delete 2 characters and everyone is ruined. I want my deletes back plus more to delete the other ruined games. Wish I could play but can't even get through a quest
Edited by imapogostick on June 10, 2015 2:10AM
  • Stormtrooper74
    Stormtrooper74
    Soul Shriven
    I've found that when a npc is "invisible" and it won't let you talk to them, the only way to get them to appear is to do a hard shutdown (hold Xbox icon on console for 10 seconds) and then log back in
  • imapogostick
    imapogostick
    ✭✭
    Thanks doesn't help the fact I had to use every delete to try and play tho.still want my deletes back
  • tonitiger99
    tonitiger99
    Soul Shriven
    their invisible because of lag issues. next time try shutting your xbox all the way off and turn it back on again and reenter the game. it should help reload the people around you. till they do something about the lag its the only temporary fix for it.
  • SeanBad
    SeanBad
    Soul Shriven
    Just a heads up guys, here is the main thread you want to post in regarding invisible NPC's. This thread may or may not get locked.

Until then, try what @tonitiger99 suggested by pressing and holding the power button not the Xbox One for around 10 seconds. This will clear the system cache, but may or may not fix the missing NPC issue. Worth a shot! :)
  • oXb3
    oXb3
    ✭✭✭
    Can't even play the first character to talk to you is invisible and you can't talk to her. I've had to delete 2 characters and everyone is ruined. I want my deletes back plus more to delete the other ruined games. Wish I could play but can't even get through a quest

How very strange...I have not had this happen yet...will keep an eye out for it though.
    Elder Scrolls is my second home.
    Xbox One/Steam: oXb3
    twitter
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    i do not believe you have to hard reset the console. had this happen on a quest in ebonheart and all i did was log out and back in again?.
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • tonitiger99
    tonitiger99
    Soul Shriven
    i do not believe you have to hard reset the console. had this happen on a quest in ebonheart and all i did was log out and back in again?.

ive had it happen to me a few times. i tried logging out and back in but they wouldnt appear. i either had to travel a long ways away then come back or do a hard reset to get them to show up.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings! There is currently an open thread containing updates and important information regarding workarounds that have resolved this for other players as well as updates as this issue is being investigated.

We will be closing this thread to ensure that we can assist players more efficiently and maintain visibility with any new updates or information that may become available.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.