Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playing eso on two computers

Rinmaethodain
Rinmaethodain
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Does anyone play eso on two diffrenet computers? Like desktop at home and laptop anywhere you go, with one account only?

Im intrested to know how does it work with confirmation codes (the one you need to fill in when your machine/internet is not authorized). Do you have to type it in every time you switch from one computer to other? (situation where you play on desktop, then play on laptop -> eso find new machine, needs code. Then you play on laptop for a while and come back to your desktop. Eso finds that its different machine (different than laptop) and wants code again. Simply Eso wants code every time you play on something else than last time?

Or is ESO smart, and when you enter code on desktop one time, and enter it another time on laptop, ESO will remember both machines and never ask again about them no matter how many times you will switch between one computer and other?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, ESO is smart and knows I play on a desktop AND laptop :) The first time you go to log in it will send an email, but then you can freely switch between the two without having to do that.

Source: I use a desktop at home, and laptop when lazy on the couch - or travelling ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to note @MaximusDargus that while @MissBlizz explained that you'll need to enter a code the first time you log in on a PC that's not been seen before you may well have to do so at other times, typically when your IP address changes (which can happen a lot with some ISPs).

Given one of the machines you intend to use is a laptop, if you tend to connect from various places (while traveling, perhaps) then you may end up needing a code quite frequently.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's an easy fix though; it's just 'check your e-mail and send us back the code we just sent' which, if you are really you, should be no problem.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think eso somehow adapts to IP too, for first few days of playing i would have to constantly entry code (have dynamic IP) but after a while it doesnt ask me anymore

And the problem with codes in mail was that they sometimes took 10-60min to arrive but thats a past
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    It's an easy fix though; it's just 'check your e-mail and send us back the code we just sent' which, if you are really you, should be no problem.
    Unless you're one of the many who have big problems getting these e-mails from ZOS. Personally I've never had a problem, but a quick look round here shows many do and it's really not plausible it's "user error" not looking in their spam folder as ZOS always trot out.

@MaximusDargus I agree, there's some kind of 'learning' involved, it seems to me ZOS are likely using geolocation tools but in my case my ISP can issue me an IP address registered several hundred miles away and that can trigger a lockout.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    ?

Desktop and laptop (even PC vs Mac) are the exact same server as far as I know

To ESO it doesn't make a difference.

As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Unless you're one of the many who have big problems getting these e-mails from ZOS. Personally I've never had a problem, but a quick look round here shows many do and it's really not plausible it's "user error" not looking in their spam folder as ZOS always trot out.

I've had that issue.

At one point I had a period of about 4-6 hours where they just weren't sending the #@#$$ e-mail. Then later tried again and it showed up before I could tab back to my e-mail account (which was open).

Personally, I think that computers are much more sentient than we give them credit for.
    Edited by newtinmpls on June 9, 2015 3:16PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis