The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Gold cap bug

Reb
Reb
✭✭✭
Having got into game and sorting a few settings out, i sold an item to an npc for 46 gold, at which point my total gold went from just over 36000 down to 2500.....Which seems to be a cap!!And i assume a bug

Also reported in game
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are no gold caps that I'm aware of. I know several players with millions of gold.
    Good luck to you, hopefully you sent in a Support Ticket so you get a response as bug reports will not generate a personal reply.
    Edited by SLy_Kyti on June 8, 2015 10:33PM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @Reb

Thank you for reporting this! We've forwarded the information along and are looking into this issue now.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...and yet, here comes @ZOS_MollyH with a "personal response".

I stand corrected :)
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Dorjee
    Dorjee
    ✭✭✭
    I also have this same problem. I am a PC transferee, though I cannot accurately remember how much gold I transferred with, I do know it was more than 2.5k. However, not only has my gold reduced to this sum, I am unable to exceed this sum by selling items or looting gold etc. Unfortunately for me, I first noticed this issue sometime after running a few delves and selling items, therefore losing out on gold.

Also reported in game.
    DORJEE (EU PC) High Elf Sorcerer of the Aldmeri Dominion, Master Wizard, Dominion Hero, Savior of Nirn, Daedric Lord Slayer, Sergeant, Magnanimous, Maelstrom Arena Champion (Cadwell's Gold)

Favorite quotes:
    "Break the law, and the law will break you."
    "If you are trying to rely on wit, I'd say you are half way there."
    "Sometimes the prey turns and nips us...it is a small thing."
    "The skins of those you love, will fly as my banners."
    "The Wood Elf known as Finedrin has been found guilty of the following crimes..."
  • Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hi @Reb

Thank you for reporting this! We've forwarded the information along and are looking into this issue now.

Thanks....its a transfer account if that makes any difference ,and after losing the initial gold i am unable to get over that 2500 limit now
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey folks, we're looking for confirmation that this is happening on PS4 since this thread is in that section. Anyone seeing it on Xbox One?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Kenophobia
    Kenophobia
    Soul Shriven
    Just recently had this happen to me on PS4. All my money is gone and now my gold is at 2500. Kind of pissed off, and by kind of, I mean A L O T.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, this is largely an inconvenience, and I'm sure you'll get the money back once they sort things out. Hopefully sooner than later. Keep your chin up everyone!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Keep in mind, this is largely an inconvenience, and I'm sure you'll get the money back once they sort things out. Hopefully sooner than later. Keep your chin up everyone!
    I wouldn't bet on it. When the bank gold bug hit a lot of players lost a lot of money that they never got back ...
    dry.gif
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on it. When the bank gold bug hit a lot of players lost a lot of money that they never got back ...
    dry.gif

And many of us who did work with support got our money back.

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    dry.gif

Quite the contrary of my experience fortunately. I'm not discounting that maybe there are some, that didn't receive it back or receive only some of the gold back, but for myself and others who have worked with support got everything in full.

Now here's to hoping they can do the same for these poor fellas
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to let you all know that we are actively investigating this issue, and will let you know when it's been resolved. Thanks for your patience!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tilleroeshi
    This is also happening to me on PS4. My gold is capped at 2500. I am a PC transfer and it is happening as far as I know on my transferred character. I have not tried new characters or other characters yet.

Thanks! Games great I love it, good luck and thanks for the hard work!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok guys, for those of you running into this issue, please log out and back in and you'll be able to accumulate gold once again. We're still working on a solution to return any missing gold to you - hang tight, and we'll let you know any steps you need to take.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kenophobia
    Kenophobia
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Gina, glad you'll be returning the gold to us also.
  • Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys, for those of you running into this issue, please log out and back in and you'll be able to accumulate gold once again. We're still working on a solution to return any missing gold to you - hang tight, and we'll let you know any steps you need to take.

• Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    Its weird, I didn't get a gold cap, but I did loose 10000 from my bank. Comparing my pc account to my ps4 account. I should have 31244 but I had 21244 in my bank.

Already reported it.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.