Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Altmer practice slavery?

Aeternus
Aeternus
✭✭
I have heard that some of the nobles enslave goblins, but have they been known to keep the other races as slaves such as Argonians, Khajiit, or humans, like the Dunmer do?
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope, only Dunmer really have slaves, and even then, it is mostly House Telvanni,
  • Molagent
    Molagent
    ✭✭
    By technicality you have the veiled heritance which is a splinter group of Altmer who believe they're really "HIGH" elves and that every other race is beneath them, another reason for them to desire the Ruby Throne. Longer lives = supremacist? To my knowledge, no but I wouldn't doubt the thoughts they'd have such if not already and we've not seen such. But with a pact made with the nomadic Khajiit and Cannibalistic Bosmer.. Uhh. Yeah I don't see it ending well.
    "Happiness is foolishness I don't care for. When a scientist discovers something new that person would be willing to die to uncover the result of it. In that moment there is no happiness but an obsessiveness with interest. And it is with great pleasure I say I am not, nor ever desire to be happy, but take luxury and with sense of halcyon that I am interesting."
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know.

Historically the Aeliyds (sp?) not only practiced slavery, but torture as an art form.

In Toothmaul Gully there is some implication that goblin slavery is still current. Not sure about other races, but given the Thalmor ... well 'nuff said there. If you can dehumanize one sentient race, you can certainly do it to others.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Don't know.

Historically the Aeliyds (sp?) not only practiced slavery, but torture as an art form.

In Toothmaul Gully there is some implication that goblin slavery is still current. Not sure about other races, but given the Thalmor ... well 'nuff said there. If you can dehumanize one sentient race, you can certainly do it to others.

Think of Aeliyds as our medevil (spelling?) ancestors. They practiced torture almost as if it was an art form itself, but of course now a days we hate the idea of slavery or torture. It's probably the same way with most Altmer.

That high elf was in the Veiled Heritence. Personally, I don't think those mouth breathing supremacists should count as anything when to comes to the Altmer lore.
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DarkRaine wrote: »
    Don't know.

That high elf was in the Veiled Heritence. Personally, I don't think those mouth breathing supremacists should count as anything when to comes to the Altmer lore.
    These supremacist will rule Alinor one day. There are texts in and out of game talking about slavery in Summerset at earlier times: the PGE, Light Armor Forging, Antecedants of Dwemer Law. They might not keep mer or man slaves currently, but goblins? They aren't even considered a civilized race.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    They might not keep mer or man slaves currently, but goblins? They aren't even considered a civilized race.

I agree that might be used as justification; but anyone who has been through Toothmaul Gully has seen the evidence that they are organized, have a hierarchy and ruler-ship and religious practices (shamans, at least). And judging from the supplies and materials, they are also quite skilled in metalworking.

Unfortunately they don't have a good grasp of inter-racial politics, and they don't have enough strength in numbers, power or magic to compensate.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They might not keep mer or man slaves currently, but goblins? They aren't even considered a civilized race.

I agree that might be used as justification; but anyone who has been through Toothmaul Gully has seen the evidence that they are organized, have a hierarchy and ruler-ship and religious practices (shamans, at least). And judging from the supplies and materials, they are also quite skilled in metalworking.

Unfortunately they don't have a good grasp of inter-racial politics, and they don't have enough strength in numbers, power or magic to compensate.
    I agree completely, that's why I said "they are considered", not "they are". :) But they probably don't have any chance of getting the Orc treatment.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently no, previously yes.

Aldmer enslaved Goblins when they first came to the Summerset Isle, during the centuries though it's believed that slavery died down, eventually became nonexistent, and instead they tried to eradicate the Goblins, as such, there are still hidden Goblin tribes in the Summerset, but not really any Slaves. Of course there are still "House Slaves" kind of like your Butler, but not any plantations or anything, and even then, most Altmer wouldn't want a Goblin Butler as it would be seen as "unclean."

Ayleids are not Altmer, but they did practice slavery and torture.

Just because certain groups of Altmer view themselves as superior that doesn't mean they practice slavery, and I doubt they would if they had the choice, as I stated above, the typical Racist/Supremacist Altmer would view it as unclean, I mean, who wants a mangy mutt of a cat cleaning your house if you can get some low class Altmer to do it for you?

Khajiit fans don't hate me. :heart:

#AltmerMasterRace
    #Altmer+Khajiit=MasterOfTheMasterRace

Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    DarkRaine wrote: »
    Don't know.

These supremacist will rule Alinor one day. There are texts in and out of game talking about slavery in Summerset at earlier times: the PGE, Light Armor Forging, Antecedants of Dwemer Law. They might not keep mer or man slaves currently, but goblins? They aren't even considered a civilized race.

Hmmm, I completely forgot about this. But again, even you said at earlier times they did, but still does not mean that most of them agree with it now.
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, but this dunmer wants an altmer slave!! Me-is-good-slave isnt good enough anymore..

#filthyADneedsToBeEnslaved
    #panda244personalSlave
    :blush:
    Edited by xMovingTarget on April 20, 2015 4:07PM
  • Solace of Shadows
    XMovingTarget, Altmer would make terrible slaves. Although not as bad as Bosmer. "Of course master! I would be pleased to to that for you! Right after I walk under the shade of this tree."

Aaaaannd...gone.
    Edited by Solace of Shadows on February 14, 2016 8:19PM
    Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't all player characters, the players slaves??
    We force them to kill, we force them to quest, we force them to craft and all money they gain is put into the players bank!
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU