The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why would you remove blacksmith/chef outfits?

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It isn't like you needed room for all the new outfits you added.

Maybe people were waiting for their next month of paid sub crowns to buy them. This constantly removing stuff and "limited time only!" milking is insulting and puts people off the whole business model.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against rotations, they're a good way to incentivize sales and allow us to save crowns by buying when items are discounted. But we need more merchandise first. Removing a part of an already limited selection is a bit annoying.
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now they have gone, you suddenly want them?

I would say that the guys who control the crown store understand full well what they are doing and are doing a great job of it :)
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect those that wanted them for their role playing have already bought them. Those that wanted on for their Blacksmith have already bought them as well.

Who else needs them right now?

That being said, I am surprised they removed them right before the Console Launch - unless of course, the shops on each platform DO NOT reflect each other and the PC Store will have a different set of items to the Console one?

Not sure why you would remove content right before you have a massive influx of potential customers who would want all this on their Console account.... *shrugs*
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »

I would say that the guys who control the crown store understand full well what they are doing and are doing a great job of it :)

No, as I said if you read what I posted, I was waiting for my next paid month of crowns.

I don't doubt they know what they are doing; they are milking the customers for as much money as they possibly can, and that might seem like a legitimate and professional bean-counting strategy, at least in the short term.

What I am saying is that milking every possible drop of money out of your customers by any means (manipulating supply to manufacture demand) isn't always the best thing in the long term.

If you damage your perception in the eyes of your customers by the sort of tactics you show yourself willing to employ, then it lowers consumer confidence, which leads to less customers, hence, less milk.

The whole "limited time only" mount thing was dubious enough. Removing existing outfits without adding anything new is just too far.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reckon they will be back sometime after console launch. Will just take enough complaints from console players who want them.

That said why on earth would you remove anything from the store if you don't have to? The more choice there is then the more chance any one player is going to find exactly what they are looking for.

I do hope that the shop isn't built around having very limited capacity because of some strange coding or server performance issue.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »

I have to agree fully here. I grabbed them both just before removal
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop...just...stop
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reckon they will be back sometime after console launch. Will just take enough complaints from console players who want them.

That said why on earth would you remove anything from the store if you don't have to? The more choice there is then the more chance any one player is going to find exactly what they are looking for.

I do hope that the shop isn't built around having very limited capacity because of some strange coding or server performance issue.

For console, ESO live yesterday, it was mentioned that the console crown store is a little behind where the PC is. So it maybe that those outfits will still be there at console launch.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    They were half-price for about a week before their removal. I was surprised, but I bought the pets/costumes they removed during that cheap week.

I tell you that I highly doubt they are gone forever, or even for a year - they'll cycle back around before long.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe people were waiting for their next month of paid sub crowns to buy them. This constantly removing stuff and "limited time only!" milking is insulting and puts people off the whole business model.

My guess is that they want to keep the shop to a certain size to minimize the need to scroll a lot. Removing stock does that, in addition to reminding people that they intend to rotate the stock.

There are new costumes in the works, as the data mining thread would suggest. Adding them might require that the older ones, or less popular ones, be removed so that a certain store size can be maintained. The ESO Live this week did mention that they have to get approval from the "first party" for something Crown Store related, which takes a bit of time, and removing them from PC when they did might have been part of that. They will probably be adding in the new costumes on all platforms shortly after console release.

In any case, things are a little strange because of the console coming, the console transfer, and all the different moving parts that must have.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should've just priced them at 100 crowns so I could have completely depleted my assets before console transfer. That was the real "milking".
    I wish nothing but joy for everyone.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how people try to "save space" in a virtualised world...Not as though you have to worry about Storage space.

That being said, they could always just incorporate their Guild Store search function to make it easier..........hhmmmm :D
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The word "milk" should probably be dropped, you are playing (for all intents) a free game. They are required to make money to keep the lights on. I would love the chance to see their actual stats on what percentage of the player base actually pays for Tamriel Unlimited, but I seriously doubt its that high.

Their manipulation of the supplier demand is a fantastic long term strategy. Their results of removing an item that probably is not selling in any great numbers has caused you to give free advertising content directed at those considering waiting for their items instead of spending 2 or 4 quid to get it now.

NB and OT

If anyone at Zenemax is reading this, then give some urgent thourght to getting stuff on the crown store that people could buy that is NOT fluff costumes and new mounts (though I have purchased both). The repair kits are cool and i am liking the respeck gems (a bount of over a million makes it hard to travel into a town)

But people like me need more to spend our crowns on!!

Edited by Tors on June 5, 2015 1:02PM
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why remove them, you ask?

So they can market them as "back by popular demand" and make them look very desirable when they re-introduce them to the crown store somewhere down the road, of course.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will be back in a slightly different color and be called special. Since they sell skills now, they may include buffs for cooking or smiting. Wouldn't put it past them now.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭

ZoS is clearly desperate, they have created a game that isn't paying. They have stopped adding content, they haven't created enough emergent gameplay. So they're stuck with the crown store triggering the collector crowd of the playbase only.

They can't offer me anything in the crown store I would pay for, not until it comes to actual DLCs reminiscent of expansions.

Whoever adviced them before they started the ESO project either knew absolutely nothing about the current trend of MMOs and what needs to be done, or they knew perfectly well that we'd end up where we are now and they planned for PC to be a box sale grab and a beta for consoles, never intending to actually make content for for the game.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action