The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can't get into neither change the campaign

yiunko
yiunko
✭✭
Hi, right now there are 4 campaigns in the european megaserver for veteran characters. I have one character in DC in 2 of them, as home and guest, and I have an EP one in the other 2. Now I wanted to go to the 7 days one with a new EP character I have but it doesnt let me assign it because I have the DC character there. So I literally cannot change my campaign with any character unless I delete the character in the other faction, which is not an option. And if I would create an AD character I wouldn't be able to assign him to any campaignat all.

Is it posible that you allow us to get characters unassigned of campaings without having to change them? Otherwise I'm forced to play a campaign I dont want and I wont be able to PvP at all if I ever create an AD character.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to 'home' on the 'guest' compaigns so all 4 of your toons have no guest campaigns, then switch 'home' campaigns so both DC toons are home on the same campaign, likewise for the EP toons.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a valid argument actually. I currently have:

1 DC homed on Blackwater blade
    1 EP homed on Chillrend
    2 AD homed on Haderus
    1 AD homed on Thornblade
    0 homed on Azuras, which is a completely dead and unused campaign

2 AD toons unassigned.

If I wanted to play either unassigned AD toon on Blackwater blade this week, id have to...

1. Move my thorn player to Haderus
    2. Move my DC toon to thornblade
    3. Assign my alt to Blackwater blade
    4. And then be trapped completely as no toon could move anywhere but BWB => Haderus or BWB =>Azuras

This game needs an "unassign campaign" button. Badly.

Naturally I can just "travel to player" but thats a band aid workaround. What if I want to leaderboard compete?
    Edited by Rylana on March 15, 2015 10:42AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Andru
    Andru
    Soul Shriven
    New to ESO, made a mistake and put the wrong character in a non veteran campaign. Now it will cost me 15K alliance points to get him out?! That is too harsh and not at all noob friendly. Anyone know if you can drop or switch a campaign for free when it ends? Thanks.
  • yiunko
    yiunko
    ✭✭
    Yes, you can change for free when it ends. As far as I know.
  • Andru
    Andru
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I finally figured out how to change campaigns. You right click on a different campaign and choose the option to change after the current campaign ends. It's free the first time you do that. I don't see any option to just drop campaigns altogether. That is something they should add IMHO, with some kind of large delay against immediately joining another campaign to avoid abuse.
  • johndawntb14_ESO
    Andru wrote: »
    New to ESO, made a mistake and put the wrong character in a non veteran campaign. Now it will cost me 15K alliance points to get him out?! That is too harsh and not at all noob friendly. Anyone know if you can drop or switch a campaign for free when it ends? Thanks.

That is what guesting is for. Plus you do have the free (or greatly reduced cost) when the campaign ends.
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    They definitely need to change this mechanic. It is unnecessarily cumbersome to change campaigns, should you join a guild with a different home campaign.

The CD for switching is also way too long, too.

There is no need to be this tedious, especially given the unbalanced populations. Its punishing the players, based on false thinking about stabilizing the campaign populations

This needs to change
  • lujate
    lujate
    I started a couple weeks ago and spent some time trying out different classes. I learned the hard way that campaigns are faction locked. Now a toon i decided not to play is in the only non vet campaign and my main had to start vet at L10. Support told me that i get one free transfer (i hope that's one per toon ). I did the transfer out of non vet last week, and I'm waiting for it to take effect. Then I'll see if my main can get a free transfer and then wait for it to take effect. :sigh:
  • Woman
    Woman
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I have the exact same problem. I thought I was the only one.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont want a free transfer... I would happily pay a lot AP to "un-home"/"un-guest" toons because I am blocking/deadlocking myself otherwise. Not into another campaign... just OUT FOR GOOD. I've served my time... let me out!

Whoever came up with this horrible home/guest design clearly had no clue and foresight what would eventually happen to ppl playing more than one alliance if there are not enough campaigns available to "park" toons. :s
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    I dont want a free transfer... I would happily pay a lot AP to "un-home"/"un-guest" toons because I am blocking/deadlocking myself otherwise. Not into another campaign... just OUT FOR GOOD. I've served my time... let me out!

Whoever came up with this horrible home/guest design clearly had no clue and foresight what would eventually happen to ppl playing more than one alliance if there are not enough campaigns available to "park" toons. :s

Exactly.. Why ZoS hasn't already fixed this issue is a mystery to me
  • Nhoxxx
    Nhoxxx
    ✭✭
    I wanted to unassigned my old alt i don't play anymore and just discovered you can't ....

Once again a basic feature lacking in the game, community asking for this for a long time, and nothing changes.
    I really don't care about AP cost, i just don't want to lock campain because of a char i just use for crafting now. :/