The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Craglorn Cherry Picking

Damianos
Damianos
✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if there is something coming soon to a patch that will despawn (after a very brief time) harvesting nodes and chests that have been "cherry picked" by other players? There is nothing more annoying than harvesting a node that has been relieved of all it's juicy goodness and getting.. worms.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...unless you are into fishing.

Seriously, take the worms and sell them!
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not likely. This issue has been in game since launch. It toned down after the great bot holocaust, but some players still do it.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually heard reports that nodes (not chests, though, as far as I've heard) do automatically de-spawn a certain period of time after someone looks at the contents - regardless of whether they actually loot anything from it. I can't confirm that, though, it's just what I've heard. If true, it must not be a quick de-spawn, because there have been many times I've come across nodes with just worms or crawlers, and nobody else in sight who could have just grabbed the plant.

Mind you, I like getting worms. If anyone on the NA server ever finds themselves with worms that they don't want, feel free to mail them to me in-game @Ur-Quan
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I've actually heard reports that nodes (not chests, though, as far as I've heard) do automatically de-spawn a certain period of time after someone looks at the contents - regardless of whether they actually loot anything from it. I can't confirm that, though, it's just what I've heard. If true, it must not be a quick de-spawn, because there have been many times I've come across nodes with just worms or crawlers, and nobody else in sight who could have just grabbed the plant.

Mind you, I like getting worms. If anyone on the NA server ever finds themselves with worms that they don't want, feel free to mail them to me in-game @Ur-Quan

I've been hoarding the worms; I don't fish but never know when I may start lol
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
    Options
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    ...unless you are into fishing.

Seriously, take the worms and sell them!

I have over 20k worth of fishing items, honestly I have better things to sell on my stores than worms that bring in better revenue. :wink:
    Options
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They seem to despawn /respawn every so often kind of as a reset, independent of cherry picking. I've seen chests I've gone to pick poof and reappear at another spawn point across a river (known to be a connected spawn), for example. I think it was a fix for things spawning in rocks or otter bad places in Beta. it is not everything in a zone at once. seems to be tied o individual spawn point loops.(Chest will reshuffle to one of its 5 spawn points or a spot will suddenly turn from voidstone to wood.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm worms...

Worms are the hardest fishing bait to get your hands on! SELL! Sell them all! (Or send them to me ;))
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damianos wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is something coming soon to a patch that will despawn (after a very brief time) harvesting nodes and chests that have been "cherry picked" by other players? There is nothing more annoying than harvesting a node that has been relieved of all it's juicy goodness and getting.. worms.

There is ONE thing more annoying than finding a node with only worms......a node with only crawlers! At least worms have some value, since they are relatively hard to come by. Crawlers on the other hand can be had by the dozens simply by squashing all the bugs around. You can't hardly give the darn things away. And it is annoying to find a chest that has already been opened. However, the fault for nodes and chests is mostly on ZOS for making bag space so limited. You could call me a cherry picker before I started fishing. Even now, if I see a chest with my bags full, I'm going to open it. I will ALWAYS get XP and gold, and sometimes add a soul gem to my stack. I will try to find something I can destroy from my bag (style stones go first), but sometimes that doesn't work. You may hate me, but "ZOS made me do it".
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can actually confirm this. I tested this on both PTS and in the live game, both times in Craglorn, and just looking at the contents of a node will cause it to disappear after a bit. It will then respawn normally, as if it had been picked. The total cycle time is probably longer since the game waits before removing the node, but it does happen.

That said, I do think that players should take everything. I can see if a person happens to run out of bag space, but that person should then stop farming and go sort through the bags.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That said, I do think that players should take everything. I can see if a person happens to run out of bag space, but that person should then stop farming and go sort through the bags.
    LOL, if there weren't a few devils out there cherry picking, what would you angels have to complain about? Bad behavior is as much a reality of the game world as it is in the real world. At least the consequences in ESO are trivial. It only takes a change in attitude to make bad behavior a non-issue. Don't get annoyed, and you won't be annoyed. :)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

Tell me about it. I have been throwing worms, crawlers, bug parts and guts on my Alchemy Mule for long time now. Last night I checked and I have a 1000 of each, other than the Insect Parts. But I can get a 200 stack of those in about 15 minutes in Rivenspire (for some reason that zone has tons of bugs)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Mmmm worms...

Worms are the hardest fishing bait to get your hands on! SELL! Sell them all! (Or send them to me ;))
    No! None for you! I already asked for them in this thread! :p
    Nestor wrote: »
    [

Tell me about it. I have been throwing worms, crawlers, bug parts and guts on my Alchemy Mule for long time now. Last night I checked and I have a 1000 of each, other than the Insect Parts. But I can get a 200 stack of those in about 15 minutes in Rivenspire (for some reason that zone has tons of bugs)
    Rivenspire is far and away the best place to grab insect parts, it's true... I've done a few circuits there to quickly get a few stacks of them.

I have a tendency to grab insect parts, crawlers, and guts everywhere I see a source for them as I'm questing, though. Worms are harder to come by for sure (even though I also have a tendency to grab every plant I see as I'm questing).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan next time i log in I'm sending you worms.

But I'm keeping the sweetroll
    Options
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭

I have a tendency to grab insect parts, crawlers, and guts everywhere I see a source for them as I'm questing, though. Worms are harder to come by for sure (even though I also have a tendency to grab every plant I see as I'm questing).

Zombies.. you can get PLENTY of worms from zombies, especially in Glenumbra right by the Lion's Redoubt wayshrine. But you also get crawlers on occasion, mostly worms though.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    LOL, if there weren't a few devils out there cherry picking, what would you angels have to complain about? Bad behavior is as much a reality of the game world as it is in the real world. At least the consequences in ESO are trivial. It only takes a change in attitude to make bad behavior a non-issue. Don't get annoyed, and you won't be annoyed. :)

I don't see cherry picking enough to even approach anything that would be considered annoying. Like you said, though, it is a form of bad behavior and I certainly would like to discourage it. Not only is it somewhat rude, all the people farming benefit from nodes recycling faster, particularly when it starts to get a little too crowded.

In the places that I farm, the other players seem to get this. I very rarely see cherry picking. I might see one, maybe, once per week. I take the worms, crawlers and even the Ta when I come across them. None of that stuff is actually worthless.

I just want to say that almost all of the people I see farming are considerate of others.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options