Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why isnt my crown store purchases across servers?

aco5712
aco5712
✭✭✭✭✭
My crown store is shared for both servers but the items arent. I spent some crowns on NA server and now that i thought i would try out EU server, i dont have my items that i purchased on NA on my EU chars. And i have the same amount of crowns as if i spent that money (ie. 2100 crowns left on both). So why dont we have the same items account wide? Isnt that the whole point? For it to be account wide? These are all cosmetic items anyways, so i shouldnt be needing to spend double if i want to play on both servers.....

@ZOS_GinaBruno dont want to tag you really but idk if i will get a response otherwise
Edited by aco5712 on May 28, 2015 11:32PM
Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
#FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
Youtube: CorESO
DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah man. I posted A thread on this earlier today.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/172503/wtf-zos#latest
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @keybaud haha probably should of done a search first hey, anyways, more topics = more chance for something to be done
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's odd, why should it function that way?
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's odd, why should it function that way?
    Because the Crown deposit is linked to your account outside of the game, while the items you buy with it are linked to your account inside the game. Since the account inside the game is tied to the server you play and the databases of both servers not connected in any way, the resulting situation is this *** mess.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because at some point Zenimax decided to not link the systems. Why? Save money on development and make more money from customers.

End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's due to cost of crowns. Either the USA dollar or the EU euros will ALWAYS give more for the equal amount of converted currency. For example: it ensures that you can't buy $20 worth of NA crowns (2000) on the EU server for $15.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on May 29, 2015 3:41AM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    It's due to cost of crowns. Either the USA dollar or the EU euros will ALWAYS give more for the equal amount of converted currency. For example: it ensures that you can't buy $20 worth of NA crowns (2000) on the EU server for $15.
    -
    Except you can. There aren't any NA or EU crowns, you always pay in the same currency, so you can buy crowns with euro and use them on the NA server. All it does is force you to buy crowns twice if you want the same item on both servers.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not often going to find me defending ZOS but... in this case the better point might be that they are kind enough to not tie accounts to a single megaserver and let us effectively have 16 character slots instead of 8. We have never been able to share any character items across the teo servers so why expect this to be different? You are effectively asking them to give you double crowns.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are effectively asking them to give you double crowns.
    I buy the game ONCE and can play on TWO servers, that's how it works, so if I buy Crowns ONCE I should reasonably expect to be able to use the things I buy with then on TWO servers.

Clearly ZOS is entirely inconsistent, 'account level' things are SOMETIMES world-wide and SOMETIME server-wide, with no clear definition of what fits into what category.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 29, 2015 10:03AM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    You are effectively asking them to give you double crowns.
    I buy the game ONCE and can play on TWO servers, that's how it works, so if I buy Crowns ONCE I should reasonably expect to be able to use the things I buy with then on TWO servers.

Clearly ZOS is entirely inconsistent, 'account level' things are SOMETIMES world-wide and SOMETIME server-wide, with no clear definition of what fits into what category.

Trying for an analogy here... If you got a membership to a club with two venues you could attend either venue but would you seriously expect to get a free pint in venue 2 just because you bought one in venue 1?
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Marcusstratus
    Marcusstratus
    ✭✭✭
    I've been rather perplexed and annoyed by this as well.... The adventure pack and pledge of Mara and crab pet etc. that we got before the crown store opened, but which are now available there, show up on both servers for us, so I had just assumed that would be the same for items bought in the crown store. Then I made my first purchase, the panther, mainly because I have a character on both servers that it would match well with - only to find out it was a lucky chance that I bought it with the one I wanted it most for because when I logged in with the other one and discovered it wasn't available there for me I was.... very disappointed I must say, and I'm Not going to buy a second one for that character. I have to say I am definitely less inclined to buy more things from the crown store when not all my characters are going to benefit, as I really don't fancy buying the same thing twice.

I do understand that other things aren't shared across servers like champion points or other in-game purchases, but it just feels like the crown store things ought to be for both.

- Marcusstratus's Wife
    Edited by Marcusstratus on June 5, 2015 10:42AM
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems OP can't read
    Here is for you:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/tamrielunlimitedfaq?_ga=1.261836617.570182217.1433501762
    "Do my crowns and purchased items come with me if I switch megaservers?
    For PC and Mac players able to play on either the North America or European megaservers, crowns carry over from one server to the other. However, all items purchased via the Crown Store are only available on the server where they were purchased. For example, if you buy a pet on the North American megaserver, it will only be available when playing on the North American megaserver. If you want the pet to be available when playing on the European megaserver, you will need to purchase that pet on the European server."
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not often going to find me defending ZOS but... in this case the better point might be that they are kind enough to not tie accounts to a single megaserver and let us effectively have 16 character slots instead of 8. We have never been able to share any character items across the teo servers so why expect this to be different? You are effectively asking them to give you double crowns.

This is the answer you are seeking OP.