The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Collectible Creatures Fan Art Contest Winners"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Collectible Creatures Fan Art Contest Winners."

Take a look at the winning entries from our latest fan art contest, all created by our talented fans! We guar-antee you'll love them.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done, winning entries! It is difficult to select winners for contests such as these as art is subjective. All participants are winners - keep producing art for the world and yourselves.
  • Lyaeus
    Lyaeus
    ✭✭
    Congrats to all the winners and well done everyone! There were a lot of really cute and awesome entries! :smiley:

I'd love to try my hand at another art contest in the future. I definitely learned a few things while working on my entry and I'm pretty excited that I got an honorable mention :smiley:
  • Mother_Goose
    Mother_Goose
    ✭✭
    Unbelievably good! I actually feel sorry for the judges having to pick winners!
    ...13 toons. I promise..I won't make more....ok I may have an alt problem.
    FOR THE PACT!
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just feeling a little full of myself right now as it happens to be my partner who won first place.

You can find her other work at DeviantART. Also, look at the junkworld picture she did for a friend of mine. It's amazing. Junkworlds are fascinating settings. I think it's fair to say that she's been improving all the time and I am so proud of her. One of her talents, which is something that I talk up, is that each time she does a piece of art she gets better at telling a story without words.

I think that's super important. It's one thing to draw a static picture of a thing, to be sure, yet I've always found that's a bit stagnant. It's lifeless. A piece that tells its own story, though, is priceless. It doesn't need words or speech bubbles, you can look at it and have an idea of what's going on. It's a lost art form, really, but one I still value. I believe that this, specifically, is why she landed first place. It's not just a vanity picture.

I'm sorry if I'm bragging. I can't help it. I'm just really proud of her, and I think that I'm the winner here for being partnered with such an incredibly talented individual! Sorry that she's not here herself, she's even more shy than I am, which is saying something. We're both incredibly introverted, so interaction in a public venue can be a bit of an effort.

Still, I wanted to talk about her and her stuff. After winning, she deserves that. And I really am so proud of her.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iunno. I thought a couple of the honorable mentions were far better than the piece that won first place.

To each their own, I guess.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Trousers
    Trousers
    ✭✭
    Awesome job everyone! Congrats to all the winners!
    ~Autu~

• AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MercyKilling

Lovely name. And to each their own it is.

Though the final word on the competition hardly came from some random person on the Internet, it involved their art department and even their director. That's why I'm so proud of her. She had critical, experienced eyes on her work and they decided it was good enough to win first place.

So I'm utterly chuffed. I couldn't be happier! And I can respect that your preferences aren't the same as theirs. Everyone's going to have their favourites, eh?
  • Snowballer23
    Congrats to all!